Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    N Georgia
    Posts
    387
    Post Likes

    experimental vacuum setup

    Name:  b.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  63.8 KB

    Name:  c.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  47.0 KB

    Name:  a.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  67.0 KB

    Name:  d.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  52.1 KB

    took ball valves off hoses so there were to core depressors in any hoses
    Pulled cores out, took about 10 minutes to pull down to 500, about 15 to pull down to 280, closed ball valves on core tools, killed pump and let sit for 20 minutes. And 570 is what i got. installed cores, pulled vacuum down again, let urr rip. Good enough for me!
    (((PEACE IS THAT BRIEF MOMENT IN HISTORY WHERE EVERYBODY STANDS AROUND RELOADING)))

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,381
    Post Likes
    I like the tee idea.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,596
    Post Likes
    I have the parts to build something just like that sitting in the back of my van!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    N Georgia
    Posts
    387
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by david912 View Post
    Name:  b.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  63.8 KB

    Name:  c.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  47.0 KB

    Name:  a.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  67.0 KB

    Name:  d.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  52.1 KB

    took ball valves off hoses so there were to core depressors in any hoses
    Pulled cores out, took about 10 minutes to pull down to 500, about 15 to pull down to 280, closed ball valves on core tools, killed pump and let sit for 20 minutes. And 570 is what i got. installed cores, pulled vacuum down again, let urr rip. Good enough for me!
    i meant "no core depressors"
    (((PEACE IS THAT BRIEF MOMENT IN HISTORY WHERE EVERYBODY STANDS AROUND RELOADING)))

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    N Georgia
    Posts
    387
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    I have the parts to build something just like that sitting in the back of my van!!
    It suprised me how good it worked, saved a bunch of time, If anybody makes one make sure you raise or lower the tee a little bit, when i made this one i didnt think about it being so close to the handle of the pump. other than that worked great! I usually put it in a vacuum and pick up all my stuff and put everything back together, now my vacuum is done before i finish picking up
    (((PEACE IS THAT BRIEF MOMENT IN HISTORY WHERE EVERYBODY STANDS AROUND RELOADING)))

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Triad - North Carolina
    Posts
    511
    Post Likes
    I like it. Every fitting and 'seal' you can eliminate will always help.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,596
    Post Likes
    This is on my list of things to do when I get back in the office on Wednesday.

    I already measured mine out so the handle isn't an issue!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    N Georgia
    Posts
    387
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    This is on my list of things to do when I get back in the office on Wednesday.

    I already measured mine out so the handle isn't an issue!
    There you go! ill probley repipe my tee and ill be good to go. works like a champ anyhow
    (((PEACE IS THAT BRIEF MOMENT IN HISTORY WHERE EVERYBODY STANDS AROUND RELOADING)))

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    18
    Post Likes
    Good work! Definitely giving this one a try considering the lengthy time it seems to take pulling a vacuum on some 410a systems.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NW Louisiana
    Posts
    168
    Post Likes
    I like.

    CT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Quality Home Comfort Awards