Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    235

    Report problem after station upgrade

    Today I upgraded trial site from 3.5.24 to 3.5.39. I had previously installed all Security updated jars and the new web jar(IE9 issue) to my 3.5.39 workbench. All seemed to go OK other than the reports that had worked fine in 3.5.24, when trying to view a report it would wait about 1-2 minutes then kick me out of site a few times it caused a reboot. I figured out that column Device Name which I was bringing in as %name% was causing the problem after deleting that column reports came up properly but now my report px view hyperlink doesn't work. I added bound labels over report px to hyperlink to individual devices as this is a small site with only a few devices. Should I be using something other than %name% to bring the device name into report? %DeviceName% didn't work. Strange thing is %name% has always worked in the past. I really don't want to upgrade any large sites until I get issues worked out. Any insight appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by mechmike2 View Post
    ......... %DeviceName% didn't work.

    %deviceName% perhaps?
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

    ...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    235
    I tried that also.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    we never use ReportPx so havent seen this.
    have you tried using the report widgets like componentGrid embedded in a Px instead?
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

    ...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    235
    That is what I mean. I drop the Component Grid into a px as a workbench view the set the hyperlink to the device graphic (ie. slot:|view:VAV).As long as all the devices use the same graphic you can hyperlink from Px view to device graphic. But now that I had to delete the device name %name%, which was the first report column, the hyperlink is going to the "device location" column which is a String Writable, I call it UnitLabel. The link comes up as inaccessible view/UnitLabel/view:VAV which is understandable because there isn't a view of the UnitLabel, I did try to add one but it doesn't allow it. The big question I have is why the %name% doesn't work after I upgraded the site. I also posted on NiagaraCentral and someone else has had the same problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event