Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new A/C

new A/C

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  57.5 KB

one of many this summer......
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Heh looks like its floating. Flood zone?

kinda looks like it...lol
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

No that is just the way it looks on the showroom floor. LOL Looks good, I like it. You do need a set of SMAN3 so you can properly charge it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKopp View Post
    You do need a set of SMAN3 so you can properly charge it.
    Or gauges, a thermometer, and math.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post

Haha yeah the sman3 makes it easy but good old math will do lol

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  56.5 KB

like these ones in my truck...lol

Quote Originally Posted by JKopp View Post
    No that is just the way it looks on the showroom floor. LOL Looks good, I like it. You do need a set of SMAN3 so you can properly charge it.
    Or AK900's

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    Amen to that. And my analog gauges don't care if it is raining. We all managed to charge this way for a really long time before the new digital gauges ever showed up and the world didn't end. We just had to be able to do the math. That is saying a lot with the current state of our public school system.

Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    Amen to that. And my analog gauges don't care if it is raining. We all managed to charge this way for a really long time before the new digital gauges ever showed up and the world didn't end. We just had to be able to do the math. That is saying a lot with the current state of our public school system.
    The best thing I've learned to love about my digital gauges is when doing a standing pressure test. To not stare at that needle thinking "hmm did that move a hair?" is nice. But most guys i know still use analog ... Hell i do on small refer stuff but only because i don't use hoses on them

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    Lol
    I hope we are all able to add and subtract. If you think that's the reason to get digital gauges, I think your wrong. I wonder if you use an analog volt meter, mercury bulb thermometer, or fish/bathroom scale.

I do still have an analog volt meter. Use it especially on lower voltages or to watch voltage drops. Mercury thermometers are gone because they are outlawed, but used them when I started. Also, we used to use bathroom scales to weigh in a charge. Still got a couple kicking around the shop.

I know that the digital gauges are the wave of the future, I just think that too many techs are using them as a crutch. If you don't know what the numbers mean, then how do you know if the gauge is accurate. SH and SC are just numbers. When applied to the entire systems performance, then they mean something. Otherwise, they are just numbers.

To each his own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast