Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new A/C

Hybrid View

new A/C

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  57.5 KB

one of many this summer......
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Heh looks like its floating. Flood zone?

kinda looks like it...lol
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

No that is just the way it looks on the showroom floor. LOL Looks good, I like it. You do need a set of SMAN3 so you can properly charge it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKopp View Post
    You do need a set of SMAN3 so you can properly charge it.
    Or gauges, a thermometer, and math.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    Amen to that. And my analog gauges don't care if it is raining. We all managed to charge this way for a really long time before the new digital gauges ever showed up and the world didn't end. We just had to be able to do the math. That is saying a lot with the current state of our public school system.

LOL, +1

CT

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    You do need a set of SMAN3 so you can properly charge it.
    Sman3 so far are crap for us, i was hopeful after the torture of Testo 560 ending in a full refund.

Both of the cheapie handles stripped out, the dumb clip on thermocouples broke from bumping around under the soft case. Bought a hard case for $40 bucks and now have an internal leak on the suction gauge, you can hear it hiss under 300 lbs of nitrogen. This leak caused me to just about loose my mind working on a Stoelting ice cream machine. Where's the "F" in leak already!? Oh, on my $400 gauge set.

My brother's set which he put off buying until a year after mine, smart since the Testo cluster (blank) incident. His set is also no in for repair as they register 220 psi on both gauges no matter what the refrigerant. oh, his handle also broke.

I used $10 J+B replacements which work perfectly, my brother is a bit old school this is what he used. The high side hose is off because he was installing a mini split.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Haha yeah the sman3 makes it easy but good old math will do lol

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  56.5 KB

like these ones in my truck...lol

No that is just the way it looks on the showroom floor. LOL Looks good, I like it. You do need a set of SMAN3 so you can properly charge it.
    Or AK900's

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    Amen to that. And my analog gauges don't care if it is raining. We all managed to charge this way for a really long time before the new digital gauges ever showed up and the world didn't end. We just had to be able to do the math. That is saying a lot with the current state of our public school system.
    The best thing I've learned to love about my digital gauges is when doing a standing pressure test. To not stare at that needle thinking "hmm did that move a hair?" is nice. But most guys i know still use analog ... Hell i do on small refer stuff but only because i don't use hoses on them

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    Lol
    I hope we are all able to add and subtract. If you think that's the reason to get digital gauges, I think your wrong. I wonder if you use an analog volt meter, mercury bulb thermometer, or fish/bathroom scale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast