Thread: pump

Hybrid View

pump

I have to replace bearing assemblies on gthis pump ,two on site , have not done any in a while .1 do you guys reuse impeller or should I order new ones . 2 These pumps do have isolation valves ,is there a way of bleeding air out ,there are no puge valves on this ,can I take out lower guage and bleed from there ,this is a two story building ,trying to save some time ,there is a bleeder on the top of this riser as well Thanks Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've done it both ways, sometimes the impeller puts up a fight and without the right tools it could be damaged. the easiest way is to order a new impeller and seal kit, you could bleed the air by removing the gauge, I wouldnt worry too much about it, the separator would catch it anyways.

The impellars normally come off easy enough, but they cant be man handled. Those look like there used in hot water service only, so that will be to your advantage. Bring some penetrating oil as spray down the impellar nut once disassembled, and let it soak while you clean the old gasket of the valute. You don't need a seal kit, the bearing assy will come with it installed already.

The new impellers come off really easy . Just remove the dome nut. Most pull off .Havent had to use a puller yet

Just replaced a seal kit on that one, bout 40 yrs old, the impeller was brass so it was good as new, it was snug but, straight from the local Bell & G rep-pump tech, "just use two screwdrivers to pry upwards on the hub of the impeller, on opposite sides, it shouldn't take much to free it".

It came off and back in no probs.

you guys are lucky, I find very few impellers that come out with just a gentle pray, most of them require oil,fire and a posi-puller