Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    since youve set up so many nest thermostats...you'd know they dont work with dual fuel set ups with out an all fuel board.....

so no, its not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    The Nest thermostat will NOT work with the communicating equipment that you have. Nest is not a communicating thermostat. There will be no way to power the needed low voltage circuits.
    Did you even look at the diagram I pointed out? I can either hook up a 24v thermostat or using the communicating equipment. I just want to know if the switch is transparent or not?

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 5511
Size:  43.9 KB

I misread. You can rewire the complete system from AHU to ODU to Thermostat and it will function. But if you have a zone system then that's a completely different story...that would take a new zone panel, etc.

You will lose any communication features you have. I.E: Fault indicator, true Dehum (not over cool), CFM and static pressure display by swapping to Nest. The Infinity controller is probably the best overall system controller out there. I just don't see why you would want to give that up.

I am changing because I don't need that complexity. I just like how simple and clean Nest look. Is the change over transparent? Do I have to set any jumpers?

Is this a DIY project? No DIY. Any tech should know what AHU and ODU mean. No more info from me.

Ok I just the post about DIY - Sorry I did not read this first. Anyways, thanks for your help!!

You can ask advice on what thermostat to use and what equipment is best in the AOP forum. This is not the place for that.

And once again, we don't offer DIY advice as a liability. Call a professional. You could harm yourself, others or your equipment.

not sure of carrier model #

do know bryant tho....and if your heatpump has ecm fan motor....then no it will not work.

although several heat pumps have the same infinity board, options are different. and that definetly includes ecm motors on hp

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

If you have an infinity or evolution stat why would you want to do somthing so foolish. Nest is for people that don't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by pcp View Post
    If you have an infinity or evolution stat why would you want to do somthing so foolish. Nest is for people that don't know any better.
    I really don't care for the Infinity stat. To make it wireless, I would have to pay $ bucks. With Nest I get it for less than $ bucks :-)

I don't think people on this forum know but Nest came out with generation 2 of their product. It supports 2 stage heat pumps and 3 stage furnaces. Also, I get it wifi enabled and a super slick Iphone application.

People before you knock Nest go to the sight and check it out!

Heat pump I have is 25HNA6 with furnace 58MVC

Both have 24V stat hookups.
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-06-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: price

Quote Originally Posted by kingsingh View Post
    I really don't care for the Infinity stat. To make it wireless, I would have to pay $ bucks. With Nest I get it for less than $ bucks :-)

I don't think people on this forum know but Nest came out with generation 2 of their product. It supports 2 stage heat pumps and 3 stage furnaces. Also, I get it wifi enabled and a super slick Iphone application.

People before you knock Nest go to the sight and check it out!

Heat pump I have is 25HNA6 with furnace 58MVC

Both have 24V stat hookups.
    A lot of us are completely aware of the 2nd generation Nest.
    Yes, it will operate your equipment, but there there will be some things that need to be manually configured on the equipment control boards.
    The system will operate at somewhat reduced capability,e.g., loss of all humidity control features, loss of most of the functionality of your variable capacity gas furnace, loss of proportional control of cooling and heating stages, and none of the advanced diagnostic information will be accessible.
    You will also need several more control wires between the thermostat and the furnace, and between the furnace and outdoor unit, than the Infinity control system requires.

Installing a Nest thermostat on your Infinity system is like giving it a full frontal lobotomy.
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-06-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: prices in quote
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Moved to AOP Residential forum.

Looks like a DIY thread to me.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Have you looked at the ecobee? More functionality than Nest, No need to pull a new wire since it also has a remote control module. Priced about the same as Nest.

As I've said before I'd stay with the infinity control, it's part of what makes your high end HVAC system high end. If you are going to change from a communicating system to a standard system I recommend you have a pro do it. It's nothing like swapping out standard thermostats.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast