Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Will Carrier 58MVC AND 25HNA6 work with Nest?

My unit is connected to the Infinity Control thermostat that uses the ABCD wires. I did notice that both my furnace and heat pump both support 24V thermostat hook-up. Please see attached diagram. Can I just pull out my Infinity Control unit and replace it with Nest? Do I need to configure any jumpers and the 24V thermostat hookup? Also, is the 24V thermostat designed to work with non-carrier thermostats? Here is the details on Nest:

It can control:

Heating: 1, 2 and 3 stages (W1, W2, W3)
    Cooling: 1 and 2 stage (Y1, Y2)
    Heat pump: with auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX, E)
    Humidifier or dehumidifier (HUM, DEHUM)
    Fan (G)
    Power (C, Rh, Rc)
    Nest’s connector can accept only one of these wires:

W3, E, HUM or DEHUM

Link to the product: http://www.nest.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Why would you want to downgrade your Infinity system by installing a Nest thermostat?

If you are wanting control via internet, and a better looking control, look into the WiFi capable Infinity control.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    so you want to spend lots of money and time to have a less functional control??

what dont you like about the infinity?

the nest is a neat thermostat, but to the carrier equipment its just another dumb stat. may as well find a t-87, its also round
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Why would you want to downgrade your Infinity system by installing a Nest thermostat?

If you are wanting control via internet, and a better looking control, look into the WiFi capable Infinity control.
    To you it may look like a downgrade but to me I am moving into something modern. Check out the Iphone application and the features of the Nest.

it is a downgrade.
    ive installed them...they are cool, but no where near as functional or as capable as the infinity control. get teh wifi infinity control if you want the iphone app.

You may be talking about the first generation unit. I am talking about the 2nd generation that just came out. So, I am sure you have not installed it yet. If you have installed the old one do you know the answer to my question?

its still a downgrade

looks like you want to be a beta tester for the new nest. look into the ecobee if you dont want the infinity control. If it was me, Id go infinity wifi.

Carrier has a new Infinity touch control. Go to www.myinfinity.carrier.com. This stat gives you all the options that Nest has...plus more. Including the IPhone Apps and remote technology.

Upgrade to this.

ecobee's are really neat. expensive as all get out, but neat. still would take the infinity

I am not asking for advice on weather or not Nest is junk or not. I just want to know if it will work. Can someone please tell me if I stop using the ABCD connector, can I just wire my Nest to the 24V ports? Is this a transparent change? Will I need to adjust any jumpers?

The Nest thermostat will NOT work with the communicating equipment that you have. Nest is not a communicating thermostat. There will be no way to power the needed low voltage circuits.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast