Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering!

Just wondering!

Im starting school in january for HVAC and have about 6 months electrical knowledge as a electrical helper
    Would it be a waste of time to take the electrical course when im done with hvac and then after electrical take construction technology?

No education will be wasted.

A high percentage of problems that you will encounter as a service tech are electrical in nature, so a strong understanding of control circuits and power supplies is necessary to be successful.

being a helper for 6 months isn't cutting edge experience if you had 6 yrs as a lead school will show you how much you don't know about any field your in don't want to spread yourself too thin as "jack of all trades" ....and "expert at nothing"
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

You mericans need some guidlines/standards in your HVAC industry. No one asked if school is a waste of time in canada because they need to complete to course so they have a G2 TSSA gas lic to work on and install hvac equipment. Most company won't even hire you as a helper unless you have atleast a G3 Gas Lic. It's a sad world that someone thinks schooling is a waste of time. The best piece of advise i got going into this trade was get as many certs and qulifacations geared towards this trade and you will always have a job.

To the OP go to school take as many courses as you can towards the career you want to be in I say it will do nothing but help you gain a lead on the other applicants

more school, more tickets, more career choices

Thats how I see it steve
    Where in Toronto you work mostly? Downtown,missasuga,scarbrough,Durham region???

mostly peel and halton region how about you?

From Durham region all the way to peel work for small shop go where the work is

excatly what ever puts food on the table

Yea we take the same attitude when we dive into war to save your as@es too.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    You mericans need some guidlines/standards in your HVAC industry. No one asked if school is a waste of time in canada because they need to complete to course so they have a G2 TSSA gas lic to work on and install hvac equipment. Most company won't even hire you as a helper unless you have atleast a G3 Gas Lic. It's a sad world that someone thinks schooling is a waste of time. The best piece of advise i got going into this trade was get as many certs and qulifacations geared towards this trade and you will always have a job.

To the OP go to school take as many courses as you can towards the career you want to be in I say it will do nothing but help you gain a lead on the other applicants

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Yea we take the same attitude when we dive into war to save your as@es too.
    lmao ur kidding right?

Why would I joke about The Great United States protecting North America and Europe for ever.

lmao yup u can think that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast