Thread: Daikin-McQuay

Daikin-McQuay

What is you guys' take on Daikin-McQuay? It seems McQuay Factory Service is expanding and now comes the acquisition of Goodman Air Conditioning. Who remembers when McQuay, AAF, ComfortMaker, Climate Control, Ice-O-Matic, and others were Snyder General? Will service be impacted?

i am sure the take over of goodman will be to the benifit of goodman products, daikin is a major manufacturer with a sound business model and a world wide presence, with large large budget for research and develpoment, i am hope it will benifit goodman factories, i read $3.7 billion , obviously for that money they have major plans for goodman and the daikin brand , will other asian brands be tempted in to the usa ?

I was reading in a different forum that Rheem was manufacturer for McQuay Light Commercial AC. I wasn't aware of that. I did know that Lennox was the manufacturer for McQuay after the Acroaire and ComfortMaker brand were sold off by Snyder General. Is all Daikin equipment sold in North America going to be Daikin-McQuay branded or is it only the former McQuay products being rebranded?

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    I was reading in a different forum that Rheem was manufacturer for McQuay Light Commercial AC. I wasn't aware of that. I did know that Lennox was the manufacturer for McQuay after the Acroaire and ComfortMaker brand were sold off by Snyder General. Is all Daikin equipment sold in North America going to be Daikin-McQuay branded or is it only the former McQuay products being rebranded?
    Rheem manufacturer for McQuay? what exactly they make for 'em? as far as I know McQuay is not being re-branded. I hope the japs improve Goodman's quality, their RTU's are pure garbage and the residential line is no far behind.

McQuay is being rebranded as Daikin-McQuay, that's for certain. Their Engineered products have D-M on them, their Unitary products have rolled out as D-M. In some markets, such as Miami and Atlanta, D-M Factory Service is already rolled out.

I've got a bit of a sour taste in my mouth with McQuay. I've got a couple of their Chillers that have a microprocessor in them apparently made by Johnson if I'm not mistaken. So when I call McQuay for the software to access the unit on the lap-top their answer is that Johnson controls won't let them distribute the program. BUT ITS ON YOUR UNIT!!!! It doesn't matter. And Johnson Controls won't give it out because they are having legal issues with McQuay and so I'm just stuck to go without the magical software to access it with a laptop..... oh,well.....

Maybe it's just the guy on the other end of the phone giving me a big run around because they want to service the equipment. Heck, I don't know.
    Fortunately the other McQuay units we have on plant are different, newer models and we're not having the issue like these others.

Sorry for the rant..... Just needed a listening ear.
    Mark