Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I didn't read anyone elses posts, but IMO go with a geo-thermal heat pump and Zone it. Water Furnace would be one that I would consider. Can't beat the 30% tax credit currently in place. Water Furnace is made in northern Indiana.
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Weaver View Post
    I didn't read anyone elses posts, but IMO go with a geo-thermal heat pump and Zone it. Water Furnace would be one that I would consider. Can't beat the 30% tax credit currently in place. Water Furnace is made in northern Indiana.
    With a 6000sqft house, a little up front capital for a ground loops shouldn't be a problem. At minimum, I'd still put in at least 2 sperate heat pumps. I would recommend 3 so the master suite (which I assume will be like 1000sqft alone) should have it's own temeprature control. Then children and gust rooms have another, and downstairs could have a conventional zone, or seperate ktichen and dining room (larger short term heat loads when entertaining) from the living room, family room spaces. If there is a dedicated home therater space, that shold have it's own zone and be calculated based on occupancy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12