Feedback on Broan FT4BG Mid-Level iQ Drive Released in 2012

I'm impressed with Broan equipment and their quality pledge. Have been actively soliciting quotes on their top of the line iQ Drive with the fancy controller and the "special" air handler, but may have to settle for their 15 SEER single speed with a VS air handler and a Honewell humidistat, due to cost. I've given up on Trane for the time being due to reported air handler noise, among other things.

Now I see where Broan has just introduced a mid-level iQ Drive that's matched with their standard VS air handler and can be controlled with any humidistat (Honeywell, for example).

Anyone have experience with this equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Joy View Post
    I'm impressed with Broan equipment and their quality pledge. Have been actively soliciting quotes on their top of the line iQ Drive with the fancy controller and the "special" air handler, but may have to settle for their 15 SEER single speed with a VS air handler and a Honewell humidistat, due to cost. I've given up on Trane for the time being due to reported air handler noise, among other things.

Now I see where Broan has just introduced a mid-level iQ Drive that's matched with their standard VS air handler and can be controlled with any humidistat (Honeywell, for example).

Anyone have experience with this equipment?
    I believe you are talking about the 18 SEER model, NO. Just came out.
    Put in a lot of the (Nordyne 16 SEER) 2 speed HP's, good stuff.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Looks interesting enough. Inverter rotary that has 5 levels of capacity in each mode. Runs off 2 stage stat with logic so it varies based on stage calling, outdoor temp, past cycles etc. Nice baby brother to the IQ drive for lots less. Don't need the communicating control, special AH with EEV, etc. Always been a little leery of rotaries in larger sizes. They are putting their money on the technology big time!