Hybrid View

holy smoking batman

Hey guys,

You guys ever install the white refractory on raypack boilers? I jeeze do thy ever smoke a lot. I you almost need a fan to move it out of the room. Then it starts going a dark brown, about I thought for sure they were going to light up on me.

I miss the fire bricks

I always used to buy it aftermarket and cut to fit.

Lols, just went back on one another tech replaced the refractory on and ran away when it started smoking....he did shut it off first.

Would like a good answer to this to give to my doubting Thomas know it all maintenance men at this site.

After inspecting for any combustibles I ran it hot and it slowly dissipated. It was clearly coming off the refractory, but not without smoking up the room. Left it off and told them to have the fire sys smoke head disabled until they have a couple of days of good run time and that'd I'd be back for the "you were right."

I have a suspicion, and that is what happened at this site. I a sperate company quoted the repair. I they got the job and replaced the refractory. They turned it on and it started to smoke. Turned it off and let the regular contracting company deal with it. I had words with the manager of the site. If you go cheap you get a half done job.