Old Chrysler air temp condenser.

I have an old air temp condenser unit with the model number 1262-02K, S# 3E937903 could any one tell me the tonage of this unit.

I gave my book away that had all that info. along with the SEER (rating). Sorry.

Why do you need the tonnage? The home may be better insulated now (needing less) than when that old unit was installed.

Chrysler condenser

Quote Originally Posted by George2 View Post
    I gave my book away that had all that info. along with the SEER (rating). Sorry.

Why do you need the tonnage? The home may be better insulated now (needing less) than when that old unit was installed.
    I bought this duplex for a rental and it has this old unit that a service man has told me it is about 30 years or more old. The hosue was built in 1972., and looks like it might be that old. Said he was going to try and find out the tonage. It is not doing a good job in cooling. Said it has excessive heat coming from condenser. Tenant is complaining of high electric bills. I guess, I could just measure and get the square footage and devide by 500 and that should give me some idea on the tonnage. Another problem one unit for a two story. So that is another problem. Hot up stair and cool down. Tried a while back to explain it to the tenant but they just don't understand.
    Thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by holtz1949 View Post
    I bought this duplex for a rental and it has this old unit that a service man has told me it is about 30 years or more old. The hosue was built in 1972., and looks like it might be that old. Said he was going to try and find out the tonage. It is not doing a good job in cooling. Said it has excessive heat coming from condenser. Tenant is complaining of high electric bills. I guess, I could just measure and get the square footage and devide by 500 and that should give me some idea on the tonnage. Another problem one unit for a two story. So that is another problem. Hot up stair and cool down. Tried a while back to explain it to the tenant but they just don't understand.
    Thank you for your reply.
    The point George2 was making is what is there has no relevance a load calculation needs to be performed to determine the proper capacity unit for the structure. That and attention to the ductwork can eliminate your problems. Rule of thumb equipment sizing is not professional and does not work.

Thread relocated to AOP

24,000 btu's early 70's 6.9 seer

A better point to be made is that this unit should have been replaced in 1985, 2000, and now 2013. I have tried to explain this to landlords but they just don't seem to understand.

landlords understand perfectly, problem is they ain't payin the utilities so they don't care.