+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thanks for the warm soda

Post Likes

thanks for the warm soda

Just wanted to say thanks to anyone who has posted pics of nasty ice machines up here, I saw some in an old thread and now I caught myself wondering when was the last time this ice machine was cleaned. Just had lunch at a local mass transit themed sandwich place and I saw slime leaking out from the bottom of the door on top of the machine. All this time I always thought it was the food at fats food places making me sick. So thanks guys.

Post Likes
    want to know the places to eat; follow a refrigeration guy, if they eat there-it's O.K.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    very true..... i eat at home....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Sometimes ignorance is bliss, its best not to know!
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    I've always drank soda @ room temp. Ice hurts my teeth. Now I mostly drink tea or water I bring with me.

Post Likes
    I get plenty of ice in my drinks everywhere I go. Keeps me good n cleaned out

Post Likes
    You can usually tell by the cleanliness of floors, bathrooms, employees the overall condition of a restaurant. One fails in my book out the door I go.

Post Likes
    If your eating at a asian kitchen better have reference from refer guy or orkin man
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    I make my own ice and bring with me

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    If your eating at a asian kitchen better have reference from refer guy or orkin man
    Just bypass them altogether. Filthy
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    A state health inspector once commented, "Go to restaurants which have just reopened after having been shut down for health violations because everything has to be spotlessly clean."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    A state health inspector once commented, "Go to restaurants which have just reopened after having been shut down for health violations because everything has to be spotlessly clean."
    Depending on state and payoff amount. Dirty Dirty south.

Post Likes
    I have noticed the places with the most disgusting kitchens have the best tasting food.

We're talking about places where you walk past a dead rat while walking downstairs to go work on the walk in (seriously, walked past one, a little later a waitress walks down, screams, drops what she was carring, and got yelled at by the manager for breaking the stuff . I couldn't stop laughing).

Just keep telling yourself "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

Seriously, you've been eating out and using that ice for years, it didn't kill you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    I've never seen one that I would recommend

Post Likes
    I have worked in thousands of kitchens.... they all disgust me.... there are some I eat at but the list is small
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Name:  036.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  57.5 KB

found this today.... mmmmm

Post Likes
    I'm always assuming that one of you guys have been to the places I got ice from
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Post Likes
    Unless the drink is bottled, I won't use soda fountains/ice machines. I have seen the slime that goes along with the bad taste--makes you wonder that more people aren't getting sick. I do some work for kitchens that have MUA units and AC/heat systems--when you see the roaches crawling around, I will definately pass on the free sandwich offered at lunchtime. Good reason to brown-bag it every day!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    Name:  036.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  57.5 KB

found this today.... mmmmm
    Is that a remote scotsman flaker one unit, or does it have separate evaporators? I've never seen one like that

Post Likes
    yes it is.... there is 2 evaporators in each unit. its a mess... water line let go and looks like this now... its pretty much garbage...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in