Hybrid View

JCI FX07 Values reading nan

JCI FX07 are having problems whenever they loose communications and then come back online some of the lon values will read nan. If I issue a command to reset the controller all of the correct values come back. Anyone had this experience? If so how to resolve?

Some boolean points will read stNul. I reaaly don't like LON, never have these issues with bacnet

Then you dont understand it.
    Firstly they shouldnt be losing comms.
    Secondly, if the values will be null because they either havent been written to or read.
    Sounds like you have a jace too ...
    In LON land null is a number often FF or FFFF ... stNull no different
    In a jace null is a state, not a number.
    Im guessing that the underlying problem will be that yr Fx07 heartbeats are set wrong.
    Do you know what heartbearts are in LON land?
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

You are correct I dont fully understand LON, I've always done BACnet. Thats why i'm asking for help, i'm just like everybody else and learn something new daily. I was working on the network today and it appeards that I have the roaming communication issue resolved. Yes, its a Jace. I am aware of LON heartbeat properties. Minsendhtbt, max receive...etc. I didn't see those points in the Jace. I will try and discover them and set them to appropriate values. Thanks for your help!

The heartbeats are more for the field devices... you should be able to find those properties for your devices from inside the jace.
    the heartbeats are there to avoid unnecessary polling the other thing you may want tlook at is how you lon network is managed on the jace.
    To stop polling, you should make sure all the bindings are to the Lon card on the JACE. Look in the LonLinkManager ( right click the LonNetwork to find it)

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    The heartbeats are more for the field devices... you should be able to find those properties for your devices from inside the jace.
    the heartbeats are there to avoid unnecessary polling the other thing you may want tlook at is how you lon network is managed on the jace.
    To stop polling, you should make sure all the bindings are to the Lon card on the JACE. Look in the LonLinkManager ( right click the LonNetwork to find it)

I have confirmed that all the links in the in the link manager are binded with service type as standard. Where do I find the heartbeat settings that are causing my field device points to go null? Would they just be a discoverable point in each fx07 field device? And i'm assuming that all LON devices have these heartbeat timing.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by chadtech View Post
    Where do I find the heartbeat settings that are causing my field device points to go null? Would they just be a discoverable point in each fx07 field device? And i'm assuming that all LON devices have these heartbeat timing.
    Sorry to say, but I avoid FX controllers like The Plague ... not the easiest devices to work with!

Try a right-click on a field device and select properties ... there should be something there. Perhaps JCI did something silly like make them User Config types instead of NCIs. Hmm, you never know JCI never did do LON very well.

... you know Im not 100% sure if they are mandatory or not. ... I believe so, maybe they have named them differently in JCI Fx land.

I using FX07 from Johnson Controls.. I made a mistake., I loaded an older version of firmware ...anybody here knows how to fix firmware for FX07???? what is the procedure to repair?.. how I could get back to factory settings?...without sending controller to factory..
    Thank you and waiting your posts.