Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South/West of Quebec in the other part of Canada
    Posts
    2,331
    Someone earlier... in this forum had stated that there are no rules as to where and when a convention can be held.

    I think it is a great concept.

    anyone can host one!

    Of course there would still be an annual convention.



    [Edited by key on 10-12-2006 at 05:23 PM]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    4,804
    I have a passport. Can I come to yours ? Everyone needs someone to laugh at and with. Have a great week. Supposed to hit 28f degrees tonight will feel like up there. take care ! eh
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by key
    [B]Someone earlier... in this forum had stated that there are no rules as to where and when a convention can be held.

    I think it is a great concept.

    anyone can host one!

    Of course there would still be an annual convention.

    [Edited by benncool on 10-12-2006 at 08:27 PM]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    4,804
    The party is just gaining monentum. Look out self. if i can help please let me know. (other than staying home)
    take care jpb
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Camel City, NC
    Posts
    6,233

    Convention

    I thought some folks had already gotten together in different places.
    Liz and I are trying not to over think next year because when the people get together each year the rest takes care of it's self, eh
    Glad she is helping because she is a smart lady and tech's can screw simple things up easy.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943

    Re: Convention

    Originally posted by selfemployed
    I thought some folks had already gotten together in different places.
    Liz and I are trying not to over think next year because when the people get together each year the rest takes care of it's self, eh
    Glad she is helping because she is a smart lady and tech's can screw simple things up easy.
    You are absolutely correct. Adding to the current gang of conventioneers year to year will continue to enhance the experience, but it really does pretty well take care of itself. If a host provides a central location, one general activity and information on the area of the convention, the rest just melds together as conventioneers get to know one another or get reaquanted with one another.

    This formula that Dice basically happened upon can work for anyone in any region that wants to host a convention in a more local location at a more convenient time for those in that location. I would think that Southerners would want to have a convention more into the winter season when there is less work load.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    4,804
    Long and short of it we can tailgate in any town
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Camel City, NC
    Posts
    6,233

    Time of year

    There seems to be a window of a month that most are pretty flexible with. If I waited till it was convienent with all my customers to take 2 or 3 days off it would never happen.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943

    Re: Time of year

    Originally posted by selfemployed
    There seems to be a window of a month that most are pretty flexible with. If I waited till it was convienent with all my customers to take 2 or 3 days off it would never happen.
    Even more then myself, you are in an area that just flows from heating to cooling season without much of a break time. And yet you have found a way to attend three conventions and are hosting the fourth. Those who want to achieve, do so.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ft.Worth,Tx
    Posts
    4,584
    I think we should have regional conventions too.

    You guys that deal with oil and hydronic systems up north.
    The guy's in the south with heat pumps and furnaces.

    Texas would hold alot of people and plenty of room to get crazy here.
    Robo, and Diceman can leave there goat, we have some really nice size bulls just about 1/2 mile at Van Roach Cattle Co.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    Originally posted by aircooled53
    I think we should have regional conventions too.

    You guys that deal with oil and hydronic systems up north.
    The guy's in the south with heat pumps and furnaces.

    Texas would hold alot of people and plenty of room to get crazy here.
    Robo, and Diceman can leave there goat, we have some really nice size bulls just about 1/2 mile at Van Roach Cattle Co.
    I'm in. He's got a purty mouth
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    When I was a little kid they had a rodeo at the Altamont Fair.
    I haven't been to a real one since. Every once in a while they will have them on TV and I love watching them.

    I'd love to go to a rodeo in Texas. Do you guys drink beer?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Colorado flatland native
    Posts
    15,067

    Thats about as obvious as

    Do Yall have big belt buckles?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event