Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    After a slow start, I think they are doing a pretty good job.
    Everytime this changes hands a few guys get all bent out of shape about it, not to worry.
    I still prefer our own seperate convention though.

As far as changing the name of this, who cares??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    After a slow start, I think they are doing a pretty good job.
    Everytime this changes hands a few guys get all bent out of shape about it, not to worry.
    I still prefer our own seperate convention though.

As far as changing the name of this, who cares??
    I agree... and also agree about some form of separation between the two. There are those would like to go to both but can't due to time constrains. If they were held in the same cities on the same week or weekend others would attend both. I know of a really good example... me

The name change isn't a big deal and Mike was only thinking of you guys and moving all of the threads into one forum. It's not about me being pissed or who is right or wrong but Mike and John Z have hung their butt cheeks in the wind to maintain the status quo here. Many times bucking against strong opposition. These guys really do care what happens here and the direction of this site.

The site changes with new owners and with it brings broken links and slow servers until things can be fixed. What remains are the people here which is the basis for having this site in the first place. I have never let CB forget that but to suggest that after all this time they still are clueless.. sorry, that's absurd

I am not company man. Ask me and I will tell you every time that I have a big problem with authority but I do, for the most part, back Mike and John in what they are doing here. Ask them and they will tell you that am their worst nightmare.

Sounds like you are just choosing their convention over our little gig.............ya..........big........butt head.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by selfemployed
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Changing the forum name to HVAC-Talk Convention is a very good idea. This way, we get to have past, present and future information on the conventions.

Great, for that reason

I would say that editor knows exactly what CB has in H-Talk. Having met and talked with editor, I'd also say he is quite capable of having very good marketing ideas for H-Talk

Just because we are in the specific business of HVAC and have been participating in this forum for a longer time is no reason for us to shun the suggestions of others who have expertise in other areas that can benefit the group, as well as the site owners.
    Was not my intent if it sounded that way.
    Still not promoting 07' convention till next year though.
    Sorry self, I was not responding to anything you posted. I don't blame you for waiting till after the holidays to even think about the 07 convention. And there is no doubt, we are all looking forward to it as well as the 2008 convention. I think we have commitments for conventions up to 2010.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by Lusker
    The door swings both ways big boy

Next year if you go to comfort tech I will come to the convention

Having participated in both several times each, I know for a fact that a melding of the two can be beneficial. Again; that does not mean that the original HVAC-Talk conventions should not continue as originally conceived. You don't confine international organizations to just one venue.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

OK

I changed the name.. It looks good

I also found a bunch of stuff from previous conventions and mass moved them all under one forum.

Go to the main convention thread and change your view to 'show all posts'

There are pics from the 04 convention too

OK

I also found a bunch of stuff from previous conventions and mass moved them all under one forum.

You damn hillbilly! Now I am gonna need therapy.

[Edited by Lusker on 10-14-2006 at 06:31 PM]
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

OK

Hi Lusker, I tried what you said to do up above but I didn't see any old thread come up. Am I not doing it right or have you simply screwed up?

Originally posted by benncool
    OK

Hi Lusker, I tried what you said to do up above but I didn't see any old thread come up. Am I not doing it right or have you simply screwed up?
    When you click on the Forum titled HVAC-TALK Convention scroll to the bottom of the page, bottom right are past page numbers, click on them to see the really old threads.

Thanks arpa. Got ur now.

It is funny reading the old post. Hey dice do you have that group picture of the first one handy.

We ought to get all 3 group pictures in one thread. Come on Pat, you are one of those photopizza hut guys aren't ya?
    I know there is a way to get them all on one frame with the dates and titles. That would be a collectors item.

Re: How bout

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    The door swings both ways big boy

Next year if you go to comfort tech I will come to the convention

Having participated in both several times each, I know for a fact that a melding of the two can be beneficial. Again; that does not mean that the original HVAC-Talk conventions should not continue as originally conceived. You don't confine international organizations to just one venue.
    Thanks Dave for changing the name. I was gonna do it today. You rock. And thanks Robo for your thoughts here.

And for everyone else -- HEY: Pay Attention!!!

I WILL NEVER TRY TO CHANGE THE HVAC-TALK CONVENTION/ NEVER!!

All I was thinking is that you could hold it two or three day before Comfortech, then stay for Comfortech. If you did that, we might possibly be able to work group rates out on rooms, registrations, and so on. The HVAC-talk Convention would still be the HVAC-talk Convention. NO CHANGES.

And in case I didn't make myself clear: NO CHANGES TO THE HVAC-Talk CONVENTION. Not now. Not ever. Not by Me!!!

So just think about it. No one is forcing a change. GOT IT??

WOW: that was really invigorating. I feel so free now. I think I'll go take another nap!!!

The only little link that is missing here, I think Ed, is the "host" thing.

For instance. If the Comforteck show was in Winston-Salem NC this year there would not be a problem combining the 2 functions.

Selfemployed (or Scott as he is affectionally called by Liz.) is our host and "ambassitor" to Winton-Salem NC. I don't know what we will be doing in W-S but I'm pretty sure it will be completely different then what we did here in Bennington. Let's hope so.

Now the Comforteck show in going to be in St.Louis. I would like to see the show. Spend all day there. My wife wouldn't I am sure. Because I have been to RSES conventions and ASHREA shows and she wasn't overjoyed with them. I had a great time.

On the free time what do you do? Who knows the ins and outs of St. Louis? We could sit down in some hotel banquet room and have our meal of prime rib or chicken. But I can do that here. If I am going to bring the War Department to St. Louis I want to party were the local people go.

Spotts was on to something when he suggested just us techs go to the St. Louis Show and get "edumacated." Maybe you could have a special reception or trip package to "Nordyne" or something just for H-Talk members.

I agree that this should not be an either/or thing. There is a lot room for both. I looked at the Comfortech Forum but I still feel like an outsider. If I knew that I was going to meet up with a bunch of these Yahoos in St.Louie then the show would diffinately be more inviting.

(There that's all I'm saying about this. Unless someone disagrees with me.)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast