Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LOL Jack
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

convention

Some my say it's just a BIG PARTY. However the conversations that take place between tech's / company owners whether it's a one man shop or big outfit are informative. Talk to someone from Canada,Florida, Colorado about heating or cooling. Get them all together in a conversation and the differences are astounding. Throw in a tech rep in for good measure and you will learn more about the big picture than you ever imagined. Yes we have a seminer and technical presentation at each convention. It lasts the whole time. The last comment was for tax purposes but true.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

name change

Kinda lets people know how long it's been going on, doesn't it?

Originally posted by the editor
    What do you guys think of changing the name of this forum from "3rd Annual HVAC-Talk Convention 2006" to just "HVAC-Talk Convention"?
    Sounds perfectly fine to me, I can't see why anyone else would disagree unless they had some kinda mental issues....

How about 4th annual HVAC-Talk convention?
    I'm working on my southern accent.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    If the esteemed delegate form Pennsylvania would like to put that in the form of a motion, I will second it.

Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by Diceman
    If the esteemed delegate form Pennsylvania would like to put that in the form of a motion, I will second it.

It's been moved and seconded, lets call roll. Answer yea or nay

Spotts [yea]
    Dice?
    Albert?
    Phillips?
    Prince?
    Boyd?
    I'm tired of typing..... Everyone?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

wait jus a minit

I'm still enjoying the pics and posts from this yr.
    I said I'd keep quiet bout nex yr till 07'. Anywho don't have my s**t in a pile to start with. Have no poblum calling it what ever though.
    Just got a book from my moms house that will help understand folks here, maby. How to speak southern. Should I sent out copys a hed o time ?

Re: wait jus a minit

Originally posted by selfemployed
    I'm still enjoying the pics and posts from this yr.
    I said I'd keep quiet bout nex yr till 07'. Anywho don't have my s**t in a pile to start with. Have no poblum calling it what ever though.
    Just got a book from my moms house that will help understand folks here, maby. How to speak southern. Should I sent out copys a hed o time ?
    In light of the discussion on the floor I would ask Representative Dice to amend his motion to read, "Leave the name of the forum as is until January 1,2007, at which time the name will be changed to '4th Annual HVAV-Talk Convention 2007'"

I sencond that

too when we get around to it. And don't take down the damn pictures....... in fact, bring back the last 2 years worth. Thats a much better use of bandwidth than some of the other photos on here.....
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Changing the forum name to HVAC-Talk Convention is a very good idea. This way, we get to have past, present and future information on the conventions.

I would say that editor knows exactly what CB has in H-Talk. Having met and talked with editor, I'd also say he is quite capable of having very good marketing ideas for H-Talk.

Just because we are in the specific business of HVAC and have been participating in this forum for a longer time is no reason for us to shun the suggestions of others who have expertise in other areas that can benefit the group, as well as the site owners.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Changing the forum name to HVAC-Talk Convention is a very good idea. This way, we get to have past, present and future information on the conventions.

Great, for that reason

I would say that editor knows exactly what CB has in H-Talk. Having met and talked with editor, I'd also say he is quite capable of having very good marketing ideas for H-Talk

Just because we are in the specific business of HVAC and have been participating in this forum for a longer time is no reason for us to shun the suggestions of others who have expertise in other areas that can benefit the group, as well as the site owners.
    Was not my intent if it sounded that way.
    Still not promoting 07' convention till next year though.

What a mess...

I talked to The Ed (Mike) last night and asked him why he wanted to do this. At first I thought it sounded like he thought this title interfered with the C Tech Convention thread... as many of you if not all of you did too. Why did I think that? Because it was implied from the beginning.

That is NOT the reason why he asked you guys.

If it interfered then he would have simply changed the title and that would be that. Again, unlike others here, The Ed is not stupid. He may be new to this web site but he is not new to this industry or media marketing and doesn’t have to contact anyone here about his job. The man has 25 years of experience with Penton Media and Contracting Business.

I was ashamed when I read a post suggesting such about Mike. It even angered me to the point where I was going to change the title and NO, I don't have to ask any of you. I'll just do it.

Mike said to me that it was a simple thought to combine all of the membership convention activities into one forum. There are simply too many forums on the site now. Last years convention forum is still here but hidden from the main page. He wants to change the title, mass prune all of the membership convention stuff into one forum. Nothing more nothing less just a simple thought.

I’m changing the title, not Mike, me. I will then work on moving all of the convention stuff into one forum. I will also do this when I get the time and not before. Yes, I am pissed. We owe nothing to Penton or Contracting Business but we, as a group, want respect from them, then we should know how to give it too. Suggesting that he doesn’t know how to run a business is disgraceful.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast