+ Reply to Thread

Thread: keating of chicago.

Post Likes

Confused

am i the only tech. that has an incredibly hard time dealing with keating of chicago? their equipment isn't that complicated to work on, it just seems like they don't stand behind their products, or offer any support that worth anything to techs in the field. it's my understanding that if you want tech support, or parts you have to go through them. does anybody know of a more tech freindly supplier to talk to when your dealing with parts or warrenty on keating equipment?

Post Likes
    I feel for you thadeus. Some manufacturer's are like that.

I haven't had to deal with Keating in almost 20 years and I, for one, am happy about that.

The reason I am posting is to say... Please be careful about bashing. Can you describe your problem in detail so the other guys can join in? Just try not to toss Keating in the big lake at the same time.

Thanks

Post Likes
    they sound alot like holman. takes a miracle to get the right part numbers even if you call them

Post Likes
    Originally posted by thadeus
    am i the only tech. that has an incredibly hard time dealing with keating of chicago? their equipment isn't that complicated to work on, it just seems like they don't stand behind their products, or offer any support that worth anything to techs in the field. it's my understanding that if you want tech support, or parts you have to go through them. does anybody know of a more tech freindly supplier to talk to when your dealing with parts or warrenty on keating equipment?
    Thadeus, for Keating parts we deal with CCC 1800-332-2500 and ICS both pretty good suppliers for common parts, also FMP carries their parts also, had good luck with these companies.
    Warrany problems you have to deal w/mfg. can be a painful process, can't it. I have found that if you "jell" with a tech rep at a particular mfg., then I keep going back to that rep. I build up a relationship and both of us can trust each other to hold up our ends of the bargain. One example is Dick at Stoelting, they make DQ's softserve units. I swear that man has every product memorized down to the wire id number on all their units going back 30-40 years just incrediable what he knows about their equipment. He makes me look like a DQ god when I'm there!

[Edited by ndfrozen on 10-21-2006 at 10:14 AM]
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

Post Likes

Keating

In the Midwest, The Keating suppliers changed continually.This is caused by the obvious, very hard to deal with and problematic when trying to get paid for services rendered.

Post Likes
    thanks ndfrozen. i will give ccc a call. i usually don't have a very hard time building up a relationship with the suppliers i use on a day to day basis, but i've just had a bit of trouble with this company. no offense to keating in any way,

Post Likes
    Thadeus, I see your from the Rolla,Mo. area. We had a tech that used to work for us who moved to Rolla to sorta of retire. His name is Tom, silver haired fella one of the coolest guys you'll ever get to meet. I think he was going to start his own hvac business and his girlfriend is a certified massage therapist, if you run into him tell him Ron says Hi.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

Post Likes

Tom?

We had a tom that moved here a little while back, worked for us for a week and decided we were a bit to busy for his retirement. heck of a good guy to work with. kasperzach was his last name i think.

Post Likes
    I know that Northern parts carries some parts for Keating although they don't show up on their website. http://www.northernparts.com

I've had pretty good service from Keating myself, but give Nothern a call.
    once you think you know everything, you'll never learn another thing!

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ;1285746
    We had a tom that moved here a little while back, worked for us for a week and decided we were a bit to busy for his retirement. heck of a good guy to work with. kasperzach was his last name i think.
    Yep, thats the guy, too bad you didn't get to know him better super guy to work with, I don't think any thing could get him upset very level headed guy. Other guys at the shop used to tell stories about him "fixing carriers RTU's wiring problems, just gutted the darn things and rewired like a jantrol unit (yep he pulled a payson). Always wonder if he got his cabin built, he even bought his own bull dozer to clear the land, I hear.

Post Likes

Keating griddle stainless steel shelf

Was quoted a price of 1500$ plus shipping for a replacement for one that is collapsing.
    Don't often replace these things. Anyone know where else you can get them?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cybercontadino View Post
    Was quoted a price of 1500$ plus shipping for a replacement for one that is collapsing.
    What are you replacing, the shelf below the griddle next to the floor?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cybercontadino View Post
    What are you replacing, the shelf below the griddle next to the floor?

Post Likes

Keating griddle "shelf"

The whole table that the griddle sits on, including the casters needs to be replaced. Their terminology is "shelf". The whole thing is collapsing. I'm sure it could be reinforced with bolts and such, but it would be easier to just get a replacement and slid the griddle onto it and be done.
    It is in a tight place and would have to be moved by professional weight lifters. Its a 60 inch wide grill...heavy.

Post Likes
    Id have a welder look at before ordering it from Keating. There charging so much for the special order. You can always get the casters from Franklin machine or CCC. A welder might be the trick.

My dealings with Keating have also been less than desireable.

Good Luck!

Post Likes

Keating griddle table

I'm sure the existing table can be repaired, even without a welder. The problem is what do I do with the griddle when I take the table out from under it? The space is tight and I'm not getting a hernia
    Going to shop around for another table though.

Post Likes
    For the big 6 footers we have a pair of magnets and use a lift. At times when you cant get a lift into place you use three or four Bubba's.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in