Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
    The point that conservatives seem to miss is these cuts that have been proposed (the few that we know about) are based in ideology not good business practice. The math really doesn't work as far as reaching the goals that have been announced. Put pen to paper and do some simple addition and subtraction and it will become obvious that the details that would make this work are missing. (for the younger folks you can use a calculator and spreadsheet)

Let's do the simple math Net. We are spending more than we are taking in, right? Okay, next. ANY cut that is made would potentially reduce the amount of overspending, right? Did I lose you?

And Big Bird won't go look for a job so he won't be counted as an unemployment statistic. I guess he could just fly South for the winter.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Let's do the simple math Net. We are spending more than we are taking in, right? Okay, next. ANY cut that is made would potentially reduce the amount of overspending, right? Did I lose you?

And Big Bird won't go look for a job so he won't be counted as an unemployment statistic. I guess he could just fly South for the winter.
    While on the surface this might appear logical the business implications of cutting out funding based on ideology rather than sound governing principles could do more harm than good. A business man should be able to concisely lay out his plan and explain how it will benefit the people involved. Would you hire someone to manage your money that can't tell you what types of things he would do other than to make you rich, until you signed over a power of attorney? Rmoney may have an impressive history as a businessman but not much in the way of a resume for a mid life career change.

And the alternative just has ASTOUNDING credentials!

Cuts have to be made period. You claiming they are solely ideolocial is just that...you claiming.

Not to pick on PBS but there are literally hundreds and hundreds of TV stations. If PBS cant make it on their own, well to me thats their problem. Why the hell are we subsidising a TV staton has been beyond me for years. And if its is deemed that they have some shows that are worth saving then there are plenty of other stations than can carrry them.

Bottom line there are many tough decisions that will need to be made if we ever hope to be solvent. We need someone in office with the nads to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Why the hell are we subsidising a TV staton has been beyond me for years.
    I think you know why, indoctrination.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Big bird has some skin in the game. CPB receives about .00014 percent of the federal budget (pretty much a rounding error) and if Rmoney fires him he won't be paying any tax and neither will his long standing peers. I just don't think it makes sense to cut budgets and say you will create jobs when the truth of the matter is the damage is greater than the benefit. You would think a good business man would recognize that.

Big Bird, Little Bird, Fat Bird, Skinny Bird, Flip the Bird. Who the heck cares? Everyone should pay income tax, period! After all, is not that "Fair" and "Patriotic"?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

This cut is obviously purely ideological since the savings is only .00014 percent, that is comparable to throwing the pennies in your pocket in a jar. It won't balance your budget.

This cut is obviously purely ideological since the savings is only .00014 percent, that is comparable to throwing the pennies in your pocket in a jar. It won't balance your budget.
    You have to start somewhere!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    You have to start somewhere!!!
    Hows about we start with oil and coal subsidies? Now that is some real money!

Wouldn't that be considered ideological as well? Oh that's right, it's only wrong if it goes against the liberal side...my bad!

Hows about we start with oil and coal subsidies? Now that is some real money!
    So we're talking about cutting the 2.8 billion for oil compared to spending the 90 billion for green subsidies. Ya that makes sense, cause 2.8 is much bigger than 90.

If you listened to Romney he had a "test" Is it worth borrowing money for. Obama has a test also, Who will give the greatest campaign donation back.

The responses make it clear why Rmoney needs to SPECIFY how he is going to pull off this economic miracle - ideology plays a part in what a candidate will cut so if you make the claim you need to give the details so that voters will have a clear choice concerning programs that might get axed. With his record of etch a sketch policy it probably wouldn't mean much anyway so we might as well forget it and crown him king and let him have at it.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast