Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Agreed...accept for the hybrids like the prius....the friction from the rotors charges the battery.
    I don't know if this is your meaning but there is no such thing a pertetual energy. The energy "captured" from the friction is not free energy. It is only a "recovery" of some of the energy that was used in order to create the friction.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

I don't know if this is your meaning but there is no such thing a pertetual energy. The energy "captured" from the friction is not free energy. It is only a "recovery" of some of the energy that was used in order to create the friction.
    Right, shouldn't say free, but you get my drift. This energy is captured where as its wasted by other autos.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Maybe 99% might be high on the struggle-meter. Your quote from JFK regarding what you can do for your country still places the greatest responsibility on the 1% that control the wealth since they have the most resources and have attained them in the greatest country in the world. It would seem to only be mathematically correct that we would expect more from them. But as usual you wasted a teachable moment by focusing on the 99% remark and failed to comprehend the lesson.
    According to Senator Mitch McConnell (about 15 min ago on Fox Business News, after the debate)... If everyone making over $250K/yr paid the full tax BHO and the DEMS want... it would run the current govt for 6 days... that is SIX days. Seems clear to me this 'fair share' stuff is nothing more (or less) than DEM smoke.

Smoking is bad for your health... please clear the air before we speak again...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Out of curosity, does this system act the same as a transformer creating energy through the inductance of poles and the rotating disk(metal)? How do they do this? Do you know?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Out of curosity, does this system act the same as a transformer creating energy through the inductance of poles and the rotating disk(metal)? How do they do this? Do you know?
    From post #292:

Remember the law of conservation of energy: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed... it only changes forms. This is the reason perpetual motion is impossible.

The energy captured by regeneration through braking (what hybrids do) is nothing more than harnessing the kinetic energy (energy of motion) and changing it into potential (stored)... problem is... where did the energy come from to get the car moving (kinetic energy) which is being harnessed by regenerative braking? The answer is energy was USED to get the car going.

So no, that is not magic free energy... it is only recapturing energy that was already expended... rather than letting it go to waste. There is a big difference. I might mention the Chevy Volt has regenerative braking also.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-p...ve-braking.htm

Sorry, my only source of internet is my phone, so I try to avoid as much typing as possible.

Well, the debate was disappointing IMO but I do believe Ryan came of as more of a professional where Biden seemed arrogant and had no problem lying through his teeth and laughing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    where Biden seemed arrogant and had no problem lying through his teeth and laughing about it.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    32 minutes til Biden gets his ass handed to him!
    Well so much for that prediction.

So where are all the cartoon a$$ bandaids on Ryans posterior posts?

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Hey Toolslinger, I do agree that its a smart buy. But only if you have the money. The 99%ers a claiming they don't have the money. At least not as much as the 1%. But that doesn't mean they are disproportionate. There will always be poor and rich and some will be in the middle.
    hvac talk has some quoting anomalies sometimes. I never advocated buying anything.

I will now:

I advocate buying a junker for 5k or so. That is more than I paid for my truck 10 years ago. Minimum liability insurance, uninsured motorist coverage for illegal aliens about 5+ a month. Better than spending 35k on a gas saver. Use the 30k over to pay for the gas, the insurance savings alone will buy bunches of gas. Interest on loan,.. more gas.

I would not advocate buying a new vehicle, much less an energy saver one. The dollars do not add up.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Biden also claimed no knowledge of an impending threat at the Embassy.
    Then turned around and said they would know immediately if Iran got the materials necessary to build a nuke..

Come on. You can't even get straight intelligence from your own state dept, but you'll know what happens in Iran instantly.
    GOOD catch!

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    hvac talk has some quoting anomalies sometimes. I never advocated buying anything.

I will now:

I advocate buying a junker for 5k or so. That is more than I paid for my truck 10 years ago. Minimum liability insurance, uninsured motorist coverage for illegal aliens about 5+ a month. Better than spending 35k on a gas saver. Use the 30k over to pay for the gas, the insurance savings alone will buy bunches of gas. Interest on loan,.. more gas.

I would not advocate buying a new vehicle, much less an energy saver one. The dollars do not add up.
    Good advice. Ever listen to Dave Ramsey. This is his advice on FREE CARS!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKyV...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Well, who won (Biden or Ryan)... if that is important?

Seems to me Biden is an arrogant old cuss... he behaves with a 'better than you' and 'disrespect' aire... Ryan, on the other hand, behaved like a real professional; humble, yet focused and on target.

While I already know who I will vote for... I did find both VP candidates made points of interest.

OK, who has other thoughts?
    Biden laughing episodes ruined his serious moments. I don't care. For independents and undecideds that makes him look bad. Biden made some serious comments in full 'serious mode', then was seen on film snickering while ryan was speaking. I think it came off as rather childish. May affect swing voters, could be a net loss on the debate for obamacrew. I don't think right or left usual's were swayed one way or the other.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425 LastLast