Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Gotta agree with GA on this one. Just saw a new Prius the other day with a "I'm one of the 99%" stickers the other day. LOL!
    Most Americans that are struggling are cause of overspending and lack of knowledge when it comes to finances. Our own govt has taught us these lousy lessons. Borrow and spend.
    Walmart stock has almost doubled in the past 5yrs.
    Last Christmas saw an increase in spending.
    All people aren't broke.
    A lot of the 99% crowd were people that
    1. Borrowed money to get an education then dropped out before finishing.
    2. Borrowed money for an education that pays little for the field they chose.
    3. Borrowed money for an education that wasn't in demand to begin with.
    People don't plan to fail. They fail to plan.
    People are living paycheck because they choose to. No one wants to give up eating out or not spoil their kids at Christmas time.
    The govt can't take care of everyone. You have to take care of yourself. And if you can't fi e up certain things to make ends meet or to even get ahead, its not Wallstreets fault. It's not the govts fault.
    The 99%ers need to start taking responsibility for themselves and stop blaming the 1%.
    I agree with you on many of these points..save a few.

The Toyota prius is not a high end car, it appears to be but is not much more expensive than the other choices we have, and when you factor in the gas mileage and subtract the gas saved from your payment each month it equals out. So it's a smart buy.

As far as people not taking responsibility for their lives....yes you are right....except that no society will ever survive without the poor, as there will always be jobs that poor people have to do, but are kept poor by those jobs.

Ask most Conservatives and they will tell you Romney is not their first choice. Sure wasn't mine. But I don't want another 4yrs of the same.

Let's not play the race card.
    Didn't plan on using the race card.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I agree with you on many of these points..save a few.

The Toyota prius is not a high end car, it appears to be but is not much more expensive than the other choices we have, and when you factor in the gas mileage and subtract the gas saved from your payment each month it equals out. So it's a smart buy .
    What!?

Ok let's do the math.

A prius costs about $25,000.
    With no down payment, interest or taxes that comes out to $416/mo. for 60/mo.
    With a fuel tank capacity of 12gal at 3.00/gal. And 50mpg avg. That's $36 per fill up.

Now compare that to a paid for car that gets 25mpg and costs $36 to fill up a 12gal tank each week.

The prius gets twice the mpg so therefore fills up half as much as the paid for car. You are saving $18 a week, X's 4 wks=$72/mo.

Now how does spending $416 mo. to save $72/mo. make sense? How does that equal out?

What!?

Ok let's do the math.

A prius costs about $35,000.
    With no down payment, interest or taxes that comes out to $583/mo.
    With a fuel tank capacity of 12gal at 3.00/gal. And 50mpg avg. That's $36 per fill up.

Now compare that to a paid for car that gets 25mpg and costs $36 to fill up a 12gal tank each week.

The prius gets twice the mpg so therefore fills up half as much as the paid for car. You are saving $18 a week, X's 4 wks=$72/mo.

Now how does spending $583/mo. to save $72/mo. make sense? How does that equal out?
    The answer to your question is that only the prius plug ins are in the 30k range. Starting at 32k.

The prius that does not plug in is roughly 25k, the prius c is roughly 20k....and they all get about the same mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    The answer to your question is that only the prius plug ins are in the 30k range. Starting at 32k.

The prius that does not plug in is roughly 25k, the prius c is roughly 20k....and they all get about the same mileage.
    I corrected my numbers. Still doesn't add up.

And while a plug in auto uses less gasoline... it still uses the same amount of energy to drive. Remember the law of conservation of energy: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed... it only changes forms.

Oh yeah... the elec utilities have to make the elec to run the elec cars... I wonder if; by the time we figure in mining the coal, transporting it, burning it, the loss due to transmission lines... if we really are making a greener footprint with a plug in car??? And lets not forget how dirty battery production is... the very heart of a plug-in car. Anyone have any data on this?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Hey Toolslinger, I do agree that its a smart buy. But only if you have the money. The 99%ers a claiming they don't have the money. At least not as much as the 1%. But that doesn't mean they are disproportionate. There will always be poor and rich and some will be in the middle.

Well, who won (Biden or Ryan)... if that is important?

Seems to me Biden is an arrogant old cuss... he behaves with a 'better than you' and 'disrespect' aire... Ryan, on the other hand, behaved like a real professional; humble, yet focused and on target.

While I already know who I will vote for... I did find both VP candidates made points of interest.

OK, who has other thoughts?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    And while a plug in auto uses less gasoline... it still uses the same amount of energy to drive. Remember the law of conservation of energy: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed... it only changes forms.

Oh yeah... the elec utilities have to make the elec to run the elec cars... I wonder if; by the time we figure in mining the coal, transporting it, burning it, the loss due to transmission lines... if we really are making a greener footprint with a plug in car??? And lets not forget how dirty battery production is... the very heart of a plug-in car. Anyone have any data on this?
    Agreed...accept for the hybrids like the prius....the friction from the rotors charges the battery.

Again 2 lies slipped by.

Biden said Obama did everything he said he would do (during his first campaign). Obama didn't close Gitmo and continued many of the Bush' policies.

Biden also said a person making $55,000 pays more in taxes than Romney.
    I realize he meant tax rate but that's not what he said. And its only the govts fault that the tax rate is lower. Not Romney's

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Your statement was: This is true but the resources are tied up at the top and the 99% are struggling to get by.

GA responded he knew lots of folks not even in the top 10% who were NOT struggling.

None of your so called facts refute the error that 99% are struggling.

Sorry, the idea 99% of folks are struggling is just pure BS... based to mislead folks into thinking things which are just NOT true.
    Maybe 99% might be high on the struggle-meter. Your quote from JFK regarding what you can do for your country still places the greatest responsibility on the 1% that control the wealth since they have the most resources and have attained them in the greatest country in the world. It would seem to only be mathematically correct that we would expect more from them. But as usual you wasted a teachable moment by focusing on the 99% remark and failed to comprehend the lesson.

Biden also claimed no knowledge of an impending threat at the Embassy.
    Then turned around and said they would know immediately if Iran got the materials necessary to build a nuke..

Come on. You can't even get straight intelligence from your own state dept, but you'll know what happens in Iran instantly.

I corrected my numbers. Still doesn't add up.
    A person who buys a 26k prius will pay roughly 160 more a month than someone who buys a 18k car at 34 mpg.

There are other factors that play into this equation. For example..the prius charges its battery from the friction of the rotors, free electricity, the car runs on only electric when going under 30mph. With that said....how many miles are free, and can be subtracted from the cost of the car.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425 LastLast