Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Ga has decided to use the ignore option in preference to getting involved in petty bickering. I think that is a wise move, certainly considering the baiting going on here. Could we not all learn from that example and just get along?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
    You nailed it there Tool!

The reason I use the ignore feature a lot is to not get caught up in silly stuff from folks that 'bait' or 'goad'. As noted in a previous post... in my opinion that baiting and goading is somewhere between childish and sick behavior. The folks I have on ignore are the ones who are not interested in reaching a solution to issues... just interested in 'sport'... a term used to describe the practice of baiting and goading someone to laugh at their responses. Not too different than bullying... which is NOT PC anymore... SOOO

You libs that think you are PC in your behavior... well you are not. Bullying is no longer PC... so get your act together...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Time for GA to go to work... In times when I do not have any work... I usually find something productive to do; maybe even volunteer to help folks who need it.

Speaking of work... it is Monday morning... time to go make a living the honest way... WORK FOR IT.

Reminds me of the story of how one can tell a GOP and a DEM by looking at a check: The GOP will be writing the check... the DEM will be endorsing it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

To some, their "side" never does wrong, even when a 2 year old knows it is. I call that being intellectually dishonest, and see little to no point in bantering. Just my 2 cents.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    To some, their "side" never does wrong, even when a 2 year old knows it is. I call that being intellectually dishonest, and see little to no point in bantering. Just my 2 cents.
    Good thought there Gib...

IN my opinion, for what little that is worth, One of the signs of a wise person (wisdom is really more important than facts or logic); is someone that is willing to step out to third person and look at a discussion between myself and another from outside BOTH parties... and judge them both equally. In my almost 60 years... I have not seen many folks with that wisdom. The key to not being caught short of wisdom is pride. One has to surrender one's pride to be able to see beyond one's nose... it is not hard at all to pick the ones who are beyond their noses and the ones who are not. Simply put: One has to learn life is not about me... rather about something larger than me. IN GA's life, that is God and the Gospel of Christ.

Some of the folks in history I DO see this trait in (enough humility to see and act from wisdom rather than pride or self), are the founding fathers of our country; which is IMO the reason the founding documents should be carefully studied and followed... they were written by better people than the ones who are in power now.

Problem is... there are few polecats now-a-days with this wisdom... on either side of the isle... and DEFINITELY NOT something I see in ANYONE from the Chicago Political Machine.

That level of wisdom and honesty with one-self is, IMO, part of being an adult... shame it is not in most full grown bodies.

Time to go to work, you guys/gals have a fun day.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Good thought there Gib...

IN my opinion, for what little that is worth, One of the signs of a wise person (wisdom is really more important than facts or logic); is someone that is willing to step out to third person and look at a discussion between myself and another from outside BOTH parties... and judge them both equally. In my almost 60 years... I have not seen many folks with that wisdom. The key to not being caught short of wisdom is pride. One has to surrender one's pride to be able to see beyond one's nose... it is not hard at all to pick the ones who are beyond their noses and the ones who are not. Simply put: One has to learn life is not about me... rather about something larger than me. IN GA's life, that is God and the Gospel of Christ.

Some of the folks in history I DO see this trait in (enough humility to see and act from wisdom rather than pride or self), are the founding fathers of our country; which is IMO the reason the founding documents should be carefully studied and followed... they were written by better people than the ones who are in power now.

Problem is... there are few polecats now-a-days with this wisdom... on either side of the isle... and DEFINITELY NOT something I see in ANYONE from the Chicago Political Machine.

That level of wisdom and honesty with one-self is, IMO, part of being an adult... shame it is not in most full grown bodies.

Time to go to work, you guys/gals have a fun day.
    IMO just more arrogant I am better then everyone else and my ideas and opinions should never be questioned dribble from GA.

Of course he is not willing to man up and except my offer over who will win the election.

He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

Typical.

This is true for all 2 year olds on both sides of the isle on this forum.

Of course the poster and respondent are not among them.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    This is true for all 2 year olds on both sides of the isle on this forum.

Of course the poster and respondent are not among them.
    You seem to have misinterpreted or misread my post.

I was not referring to any member as a two year old. My point; there are those (yes, on both sides of the isle) that dig their heals in and continue to defend the in-defensible no matter the evidence to the contrary. I have found that those types are hopelessly lost and not worth the time to try and persuade them or try to change the errors of their ways. The truth is clear to even a two year old, and yet they refuse to acknowledge it. I suspect they know they know the truth, but since I do not operate at that level, I can’t know for sure.

I suppose I have just wasted a whole bunch of electrical waves and bytes (with all those letters of the alphabet) just to say that some people are to bipartisan to admit that their side commits the same atrocities as the other side. Sad, but that is the state of affairs we must contend with.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

You seem to have misinterpreted or misread my post.

I was not referring to any member as a two year old. My point; there are those (yes, on both sides of the isle) that dig their heals in and continue to defend the in-defensible no matter the evidence to the contrary. I have found that those types are hopelessly lost and not worth the time to try and persuade them or try to change the errors of their ways. The truth is clear to even a two year old, and yet they refuse to acknowledge it. I suspect they know they know the truth, but since I do not operate at that level, I can’t know for sure.

I suppose I have just wasted a whole bunch of electrical waves and bytes (with all those letters of the alphabet) just to say that some people are to bipartisan to admit that their side commits the same atrocities as the other side. Sad, but that is the state of affairs we must contend with.
    I knew what you meant.

I was joking.
    Trying to bring a little levity into the conversation.

Man what a grump

Sorry, you got that wrong.

I am not bothered in the least about being on GAs ignore list.

What I am bothered by are GAs posts.

Its not personal.

Just ideological

Then argue your points if you can otherwise let it go and don't get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Then argue your points if you can otherwise let it go and don't get upset.
    Don't start with me Glenn

I'm fairly sure you won't like the outcome.

This coming from a guy who reiterates the same point over and over and over and over and over again.

I could say exactly the same statement to you.

I believe you were the one with the shove it comment.

Oh thats right, you weren't upset when you made that comment. Riiiiiiiiiight.

I am trying to be nice to you but you are making it difficult

Why the hostility? Just cause I made your buddy GA angry?

Or are you just mad cause all that praying you've been doing isn't seeming to help Mitty out?
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 10-08-2012 at 01:42 PM.

I was joking.
    Oh, I obviously missed it. Cool.

Dr. Feelgood says to place someone on an ignore list often indicates someone that is insecure in their positions and only wants to here from those that support those positions.
    It's hard to support someone who's statements are all-inclusive. GA gives little wiggle room for rebuttal.
    Who knows, maybe GA's ignore list will be something like Nixon's black list. Kind of a status symbol.
    Tracers work both ways.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast