Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast
    Giving money to the people has been tried, and it didn't work, the crash still happened after George W. Bush Gave Americans a free check come income tax time. Maybe it prolonged the crash, maybe it didn't, but the crash still happened.

Taxes were cut, rebate checks handed out, government budget went up by over a trillion dollars, and military spending increased.

The whole idea was that if everyone pays fewer taxes, and gets a government check, that the economy would be stimulated, the debt would be paid, and we would have more than enough money to waste in Iraq.

George W Bush is a businessman as is Romney.

It didn't work then, and it's not going to work now.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Giving money to the people has been tried, and it didn't work, the crash still happened after George W. Bush Gave Americans a free check come income tax time. Maybe it prolonged the crash, maybe it didn't, but the crash still happened.

Taxes were cut, rebate checks handed out, government budget went up by over a trillion dollars, and military spending increased.

The whole idea was that if everyone pays fewer taxes, and gets a government check, that the economy would be stimulated, the debt would be paid, and we would have more than enough money to waste in Iraq.

The feds need to stop spending money they do not have. I don't know why we have to argue about taxes.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    How are you going to get the money to them? Mail it?
    Yes, mail a check. They can do that.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

It is a little more complicated than this...

There is this thing called the 'business cycle'... in a very simplistic nutshell it says the economy will go up and down (booms and recessions)... just the way things are. Where this is important is in WHERE in the cycle one is.

While I agree Bush Jr only postponed the crash with his spending... his postponement was a lot less destructive than BHO's wild and untamed spending. There is a HUGE difference between a little less than $4T over 8 years and close to $5T over less than 4 years. Both will lead to price inflation (which will lead to wage inflation, then stagflation, then high interest rates... the last one will cause a second housing crash); get ready for high interest rates in the future.

Bush Jr was dealing with an economy that was a bit too warm in his first term... he (wrongly IMO) let it get too hot towards the end of his second term... and we had a CRASH. I believe Bush Jr wanted the crash to happen on the DEMS watch... did not work out that way.
    OTOH: BHO is dealing with a SEVERE recession. It takes a LOT MORE spending to prop up a recession economy than it does a warm or hot economy. Remember; the growing federal deficit is the REAL problem.

WE might want to remember that Bush Jr was dealing with a mild recession after 911... the fact it did not become a serious recession was in itself more than I expected.

So tell me Student; What would you cut from the federal budget to stop spending? Seriously.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Yes, mail a check. They can do that.
    And who will cash it?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

[QUOTE=kls-ccc;14340721]So you don't think it's Obama's plan to rape the middle class and give the spoils to the elite? $700,000,000,000 to wall street bankers with no strings, that helped out {I assume your middle class like me} us out how?

I don't have time to indulge myself in your entire post but this one line I needed clarification. It sounds like your referring to TARP. That was Bush jr. work and happened before BO took office. Did I miss something?
    Tracers work both ways.

[QUOTE=hvacker;14342091]
    Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    So you don't think it's Obama's plan to rape the middle class and give the spoils to the elite? $700,000,000,000 to wall street bankers with no strings, that helped out {I assume your middle class like me} us out how?

I don't have time to indulge myself in your entire post but this one line I needed clarification. It sounds like your referring to TARP. That was Bush jr. work and happened before BO took office. Did I miss something?
    Yes, I think you did miss something:

The law of the land is: ALL appropriations bills (laws that allow govt to spend $$$), MUST originate in the House of reps... which was controlled by the DEMS from Jan of 2006 to Jan of 2011... So maybe Bush Jr was in the WH... but the DEMS (that would be BHO's party) controlled congress and passed TARP.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

[QUOTE=ga-hvac-tech;14342411]
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post

The law of the land is: ALL appropriations bills (laws that allow govt to spend $$$), MUST originate in the House of reps... which was controlled by the DEMS from Jan of 2006 to Jan of 2011... So maybe Bush Jr was in the WH... but the DEMS (that would be BHO's party) controlled congress and passed TARP.
    So really Bush was powerless during this time. Boy you guys sure know how to run a country.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    And who will cash it?
    Anyone who gets a check from the feds will cash it. Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    The feds need to stop spending money they do not have.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

[QUOTE=printer2;14342441]
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

So really Bush was powerless during this time. Boy you guys sure know how to run a country.
    Bush signed it..... and as far as the bill goes... it was pretty much bipartisan...... Boner...lol.......the jew....cantor.......and the athiest...paul ryan all voted for it.

91 reps for...108 against. Bush also wanted it.....

Now fetus or someone else will come along to say how Bush is a rino....

Realisticly.... it was neccesary... While I believe it would be good to watch this country come to the brink of disaster for a few months....in order to wake people up..... It would probably end up hurting a bunch of people...like kids and the elderly....while those needing to learn a few lessons on budgeting and spending......wouldnt learn a lesson at all.
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

[QUOTE=ga-hvac-tech;14342411]
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post

GA, that's a stretch. You can't blame BO for TARP can you? BO hardly even counted at the time. TARP was a bitter pill for everybody but probably necessary. The Dems didn't create TARP the apmin did and probably a good thing. Better if strings had been attached along with regulations but in the end it's still the banks money. About the only thing government can do short of nationalizing the banks. That was threatened during the depression if memory serves.
    If Bush had said NO, there would have been no TARP. And we'd probably have experienced what a soup line is like.
    Tracers work both ways.

[QUOTE=hvacker;14347451]
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

GA, that's a stretch. You can't blame BO for TARP can you? BO hardly even counted at the time. TARP was a bitter pill for everybody but probably necessary. The Dems didn't create TARP the apmin did and probably a good thing. Better if strings had been attached along with regulations but in the end it's still the banks money. About the only thing government can do short of nationalizing the banks. That was threatened during the depression if memory serves.
    If Bush had said NO, there would have been no TARP. And we'd probably have experienced what a soup line is like.
    The fetus will toss something like that out there..... "demorats were in control".... and thinks that americans are too damn lazy to know who voted for it and who didnt.....

When dealing with someone like the fetus you must remember that you are dealing with someone ignorant of how government works. Someone whos knowledge of government comes from blogs, emails and alex jones web sites.
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast