Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

hvac talk has some quoting anomalies sometimes. I never advocated buying anything.

I will now:

I advocate buying a junker for 5k or so. That is more than I paid for my truck 10 years ago. Minimum liability insurance, uninsured motorist coverage for illegal aliens about 5+ a month. Better than spending 35k on a gas saver. Use the 30k over to pay for the gas, the insurance savings alone will buy bunches of gas. Interest on loan,.. more gas.

I would not advocate buying a new vehicle, much less an energy saver one. The dollars do not add up.
    Normally I would agree with you, but What doesn't add up is when you have two "junkers", a tractor, riding mowers, acreage, a just on her feet sister, dying grandfather, all to take care of, a 40 plus hour work week plus setting up a new business.

The last thing I need to worry about is my wife breaking down on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Biden laughing episodes ruined his serious moments. I don't care. For independents and undecideds that makes him look bad. Biden made some serious comments in full 'serious mode', then was seen on film snickering while ryan was speaking. I think it came off as rather childish. May affect swing voters, could be a net loss on the debate for obamacrew. I don't think right or left usual's were swayed one way or the other.
    This country is in trouble in many different ways, moral,money,military etc. and we need someone that takes this serious, while he was laughing, folks are starving and without jobs, right here in this country, this is no laughing matter.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    This country is in trouble in many different ways, moral,money,military etc. and we need someone that takes this serious, while he was laughing, folks are starving and without jobs, right here in this country, this is no laughing matter.
    Yes the country is in trouble and we need someone to take it serious. I have not seen any serious ideas from either side, but most folks are not above laughing at the absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Yes the country is in trouble and we need someone to take it serious. I have not seen any serious ideas from either side, but most folks are not above laughing at the absurd.
    Biden broke every rule in Debate engagement, and took away from the professional demeanor of an important discussion. The moderator in this debate was not impartial and should have called Biden on his Debate Practice.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Yes the country is in trouble and we need someone to take it serious.I have not seen any serious ideas from either side
    You are right for once.

but most folks are not above laughing at the absurd.
    Then prove you have no clue to whats going on...all in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by wherzamizat View Post
    You are right for once.

Then prove you have no clue to whats going on...all in the same sentence.
    You have your right to an opinion since it is free country but if you don't see a problem with the "Ryan Plan", math is not your long suit. People have in fact looked into his proposal and the numbers don't work, it is so far removed from reality so as to be humorous.

You have your right to an opinion since it is free country but if you don't see a problem with the "Ryan Plan", math is not your long suit. People have in fact looked into his proposal and the numbers don't work, it is so far removed from reality so as to be humorous.
    The numbers haven't worked for Obama either.

Joebama put the stimulus on a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Joebama put the stimulus on a credit card.
    Joebama??? Don't stop there. The process was well in place long before that. Our gov for years has put wars, rumors of wars, etc etc....on credit. Reminds me of that anti-drug add a few years ago. "I learned it from you Dad!" Well maybe our gov learned the credit card trick from us. US Americans don't save, they consume but don't produce, they borrow just to get by, and when that bites them they still lust for stuff.
    I'm convinced our situation has little to do with who's president. The wheel is in spin. Buy gold, store food, learn skills.
    Now we sell gov bonds to other countries just to service our debt. Did I hear $crewed?
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

The entire debt for WWII was about $450 billion. Obama carries that around in his pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Biden broke every rule in Debate engagement, and took away from the professional demeanor of an important discussion. The moderator in this debate was not impartial and should have called Biden on his Debate Practice.
    He may have broke every "RULE" in you opinion but he was effective.

He was just setting the stage for the next debate.

You all won't see the same Bam Man as before and I predict he will be on the offense and will win the second debate.

Besides it is all about the swing states and it is not looking good if your name happens to be Mitty.

I disagree, Obama has nothing but a slanderous campaign his record is so bad he can't even bring it up. He will probably come out with the class warfare card but Romney will have no problem discrediting it and delivering a knockout blow to BamBam. It's over for the Obama régime. I can't wait til the election when they call it as a Romney win at 7pm est

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    The entire debt for WWII was about $450 billion. Obama carries that around in his pockets.
    And you could buy a loaf of bread for $0.09.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425