Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 261 to 273 of 325
  1. #261
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,649
    Funny, but my opinion is that the election will be decided on domestic issues (who was it that said "it's the economy, stupid"?), not foreign policy issues.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,862
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah we want you around when Romney wins the election by a landslide and overturns every stupid anti business job killing Federal regulation since Clinton. What a great day for America that will be. Thank you very much
    Not to mention taking crony-ism away from the folks who want to freeload off the govt...

    Less than 4 weeks until freedom is declared... and a few mos until it is legally ratified... then the fun begins!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,862
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Or they can be real spiteful and make you a member of the ARP Committee.
    As we all know... when a post is quoted (even if the person is on ignore), one sees it.

    This one I need to reply to.

    GA was on the original ARP committee... chose to leave for personal reasons. It is a blessing and a curse to serve... it takes a LOT of time. Worst; it is a thankless job; lots of fussing goes your way and little appreciation... However: There is a lesson here:

    The farther one climbs the ladder of service or authority... the more stress and struggle... and the more folks fuss over what you do. Now here is the lesson: It is that way with govt leaders.

    We need to quit griping and being negative over everything an elected official does... rather roll up our sleeves and help rebuild this nation into what it once was...

    "The land of the FREE, and the home of the BRAVE"

    This starts with each of us choosing to do the right thing... for the country as well for ourselves.

    Former POTUS John Kennedy (a DEM BTW) said:

    "Ask NOT what your country can do for you, rather ask what YOU can DO for your country."

    We need to take heed of those WISE words... swallow our selfish pride, and get busy making America what it can be.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,129
    Wow! We've just had a discussion with different opinions in the ARP and nobody resorted to name calling!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    As we all know... when a post is quoted (even if the person is on ignore), one sees it.

    This one I need to reply to.

    GA was on the original ARP committee... chose to leave for personal reasons. It is a blessing and a curse to serve... it takes a LOT of time. Worst; it is a thankless job; lots of fussing goes your way and little appreciation... However: There is a lesson here:

    The farther one climbs the ladder of service or authority... the more stress and struggle... and the more folks fuss over what you do. Now here is the lesson: It is that way with govt leaders.

    We need to quit griping and being negative over everything an elected official does... rather roll up our sleeves and help rebuild this nation into what it once was...

    "The land of the FREE, and the home of the BRAVE"

    This starts with each of us choosing to do the right thing... for the country as well for ourselves.

    Former POTUS John Kennedy (a DEM BTW) said:

    "Ask NOT what your country can do for you, rather ask what YOU can DO for your country."

    We need to take heed of those WISE words... swallow our selfish pride, and get busy making America what it can be.
    Actually do miss it a bit (but not that much k) and was glad to play a part in the operation of this forum. But also for personal reasons i stepped down as I needed to spend time on other things. I don't mind saying there is a good group of people behind the scenes.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Funny, but my opinion is that the election will be decided on domestic issues (who was it that said "it's the economy, stupid"?), not foreign policy issues.
    Clinton I think.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    As we all know... when a post is quoted (even if the person is on ignore), one sees it.

    This one I need to reply to.

    GA was on the original ARP committee... chose to leave for personal reasons. It is a blessing and a curse to serve... it takes a LOT of time. Worst; it is a thankless job; lots of fussing goes your way and little appreciation... However: There is a lesson here:

    The farther one climbs the ladder of service or authority... the more stress and struggle... and the more folks fuss over what you do. Now here is the lesson: It is that way with govt leaders.

    We need to quit griping and being negative over everything an elected official does... rather roll up our sleeves and help rebuild this nation into what it once was...

    "The land of the FREE, and the home of the BRAVE"

    This starts with each of us choosing to do the right thing... for the country as well for ourselves.

    Former POTUS John Kennedy (a DEM BTW) said:

    "Ask NOT what your country can do for you, rather ask what YOU can DO for your country."

    We need to take heed of those WISE words... swallow our selfish pride, and get busy making America what it can be.
    This is true but the resources are tied up at the top and the 99% are struggling to get by. When one individual can threaten so many people with job loss if they don't vote his way while he is building the largest mansion in the US something is obviously out of balance in the economy. This is not "class warfare" or envy it is just math - the ones with the bucks can afford to make the largest contribution - they have chosen not to. Wealth distribution in this country has not been so skewed to the top since the Robber Barron days. http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ote-for-romney David Sieglel has a right to his opinion but with his attitude it is obvious he is not interested in doing ANYTHING for his fellow countrymen. He is a great capitalist but a lousy American.

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Let me just jump in here and express why most people I talk to support Obama. They do not trust Rmoney and if folks are intellectually honest with themselves they wouldn't trust him either. He will say anything to get on your good side, he's a Tea Partyer when he is in front of them, he's a moderate conservative in a debate, and if you view tapes of him in years past he actually appears to side with the left. It is obvious he will pander to anyone for a vote, I guess it is his years of experience in business that makes him think that it is OK to say anything to get the desired result - in this case it is a vote for Romney. Obama may not be the answer to everyones prayers but he is by far the lesser of two evils.
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    A vote for Romney's foreign policy is a vote for GWB since just about all of Romney's foreign policy advisors come straight from the Bush White House. I remember those 8 years so I just have to say no thanks to that "stragery".
    Obama lies too. He told us he was going to overturn many of Bush' policies but instead continued them or ramped them up. If anybody would continue Bush' foreign policies it is Obama.

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...o8N7r0oXAsWO5g.

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,713
    No argument here, Obama is "staying the course" with the Bush Legacy concerning foreign policy, what concerns me is if we give the neocon bunch another run at an imperial USA things could get really out of hand.The last run got us involved in two unfunded wars, war crimes and a huge reduction in our freedoms.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,463
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah we want you around when Romney wins the election by a landslide and overturns every stupid anti business job killing Federal regulation since Clinton. What a great day for America that will be. Thank you very much
    Hey Glenn, your not suggesting that the capitalist pigs don't need regulation are you?
    Tracers work both ways.

  11. #271
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,470
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Hey Glenn, your not suggesting that the capitalist pigs don't need regulation are you?
    I was referring to regulations on manufacturing, mining, power production, oil exploration, etc., etc., etc. Not banks, investers, stockbrokers, etc., etc. or how they do business. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 10-11-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,862
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    This is true but the resources are tied up at the top and the 99% are struggling to get by. When one individual can threaten so many people with job loss if they don't vote his way while he is building the largest mansion in the US something is obviously out of balance in the economy. This is not "class warfare" or envy it is just math - the ones with the bucks can afford to make the largest contribution - they have chosen not to. Wealth distribution in this country has not been so skewed to the top since the Robber Barron days. http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ote-for-romney David Sieglel has a right to his opinion but with his attitude it is obvious he is not interested in doing ANYTHING for his fellow countrymen. He is a great capitalist but a lousy American.
    Your first statement is absolutely BS... I have LOTS of customers who are not anywhere near rich enough to be in the top 10%... yet are FAR from struggling.

    Need to get your facts straight guy... lest all doubt as to levels of understanding and wisdom are made clear.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #273
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Your first statement is absolutely BS... I have LOTS of customers who are not anywhere near rich enough to be in the top 10%... yet are FAR from struggling.

    Need to get your facts straight guy... lest all doubt as to levels of understanding and wisdom are made clear.
    Allow me to educate you.

    • 83 percent of all U.S. stocks are in the hands of 1 percent of the people.
    • 61 percent of Americans “always or usually” live paycheck to paycheck, which was up from 49 percent in 2008 and 43 percent in 2007.
    • 66 percent of the income growth between 2001 and 2007 went to the top 1% of all Americans.
    • 36 percent of Americans say that they don’t contribute anything to retirement savings.
    • A staggering 43 percent of Americans have less than $10,000 saved up for retirement.
    • 24 percent of American workers say that they have postponed their planned retirement age in the past year.
    • Over 1.4 million Americans filed for personal bankruptcy in 2009, which represented a 32 percent increase over 2008.
    • Only the top 5 percent of U.S. households have earned enough additional income to match the rise in housing costs since 1975.
    • For the first time in U.S. history, banks own a greater share of residential housing net worth in the United States than all individual Americans put together.
    • In 1950, the ratio of the average executive’s paycheck to the average worker’s paycheck was about 30 to 1. Since the year 2000, that ratio has exploded to between 300 to 500 to one.
    • As of 2007, the bottom 80 percent of American households held about 7% of the liquid financial assets.
    • The bottom 50 percent of income earners in the United States now collectively own less than 1 percent of the nation’s wealth.
    • Average Wall Street bonuses for 2009 were up 17 percent when compared with 2008.
    • The top 1 percent of U.S. households own nearly twice as much of America’s corporate wealth as they did just 15 years ago.
    • In America today, the average time needed to find a job has risen to a record 35.2 weeks.
    • More than 40 percent of Americans who actually are employed are now working in service jobs, which are often very low paying.
    • This is what American workers now must compete against: in China a garment worker makes approximately 86 cents an hour and in Cambodia a garment worker makes approximately 22 cents an hour.
    • Approximately 21 percent of all children in the United States are living below the poverty line in 2010 – the highest rate in 20 years.
    • Despite the financial crisis, the number of millionaires in the United States rose a whopping 16 percent to 7.8 million in 2009.
    • The top 10 percent of Americans now earn around 50 percent of our national income.

    While these numbers do not include 2012 I think you might be enlightened, then again maybe not. I am pleased that in your circle of acquaintances things are just peachy, they are indeed blessed but realize your small circle is not representative of the country as a whole.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event