Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    This freedom act is getting a little old....every civilized society has laws and regulations, otherwise they would be called a barbarian nation.

The only way to have true freedom in this world is to either have lots of money or have absolutely none.

Freedom comes at a price, we all know that...so what do you choose? Mansion on the hill....or the barbaric grasslands? There is no middle ground.
    Some laws guarantee freedom, such as the bill of rights. That is what makes the average man free. It is in fact middle ground, as you can be free without being fabulously wealthy or a successful warlord.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

Some laws guarantee freedom, such as the bill of rights. That is what makes the average man free. It is in fact middle ground, as you can be free without being fabulously wealthy or a successful warlord.
    Good point, many here would destroy those rights, just as quick as the government they claim to hate.

Gotta keep in mind, yesterday was Obama's anniversary, I bet the majority of people would have called in sick.
    No excuse for him, he has been calling in sick for the past 4 years!
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

I just think it's terrible that in America we celebrate who can lie the best, most of the debate was lies....and we are all happy in the pants because someone makes it look good.
    Hey, there were no rules in the debate about lying, they are politicians, that's a given.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

The AP reported on the disappeared, the 47%. Seems on Mitt's original "caught on tape" Romney's remarks were "Not elegantly stated" they were "off the cuff"
    Then... on Fox Thursday night.. "now and then you're going to say something that doesn't come out right. In this case, I said something that's just completely wrong."
    Looks like Romney will say things to his supporters in private and change his mind when it bites him.
    I can understand someone not voting for BO but it's too bad when the other choice will say one thing to private supporters and another to us. Admitting to a mistake is a good thing but if only when caught is another. Which one is Romney's truth? Probably the one where he stated the 47% don't matter as they won't for me anyway.
    Flim-Flam Man. Carnaval barker. Used car salesman. Spin doctor.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    The AP reported on the disappeared, the 47%. Seems on Mitt's original "caught on tape" Romney's remarks were "Not elegantly stated" they were "off the cuff"
    Then... on Fox Thursday night.. "now and then you're going to say something that doesn't come out right. In this case, I said something that's just completely wrong."
    Looks like Romney will say things to his supporters in private and change his mind when it bites him.
    I can understand someone not voting for BO but it's too bad when the other choice will say one thing to private supporters and another to us. Admitting to a mistake is a good thing but if only when caught is another. Which one is Romney's truth? Probably the one where he stated the 47% don't matter as they won't for me anyway.
    Oh no Joe...say it aint so; a politician saying one thing behind the curtain and another on stage. I suppose there is a first for everything.

Truth is, I suspect there is a big slice of voters that won't vote for any R because they don't want to lose their freebies. Is it the entire 47% that do not pay taxes? Like the owl eating the tootsie pop....the world will never know.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

So you're talking about like when Obama/Biden keep telling us that they are for the middle class, then Biden comes out and says teh middle class has been getting hammered for the last 4 years.

Or is that something different cause it's a Dem doin it to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Oh no Joe...say it aint so; a politician saying one thing behind the curtain and another on stage. I suppose there is a first for everything.

Truth is, I suspect there is a big slice of voters that won't vote for any R because they don't want to lose their freebies. Is it the entire 47% that do not pay taxes? Like the owl eating the tootsie pop....the world will never know.
    I suspect the converse is also true - there is a big slice of voters that won't vote for any D because they don't want to lose any of THEIR freebies. I don't care who does or doesn't pay taxes, I know I do. But really the question is "Is Big Bird a part of the 47% ?". If the Rmoney plan is put in place he will be.

The AP reported on the disappeared, the
    47%. Seems on Mitt's original "caught on tape" Romney's remarks were "Not elegantly stated" they were "off the cuff"
    The 47% tactic didn't stick dude and if you noticed it wasn't even brought up in the debate.

Hvacker if I was a undecided voter what would you say to me to convince me to vote for Obama?

If you cant understand how anyone could NOT vote for Obama then explain ease why you think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    I don't care who does or doesn't pay taxes, I know I do.
    Perhaps you should. IMHO everyone should have some skin in the game.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Bingo! If everyone paid instead of taking, we might actually get somewhere.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Big bird has some skin in the game. CPB receives about .00014 percent of the federal budget (pretty much a rounding error) and if Rmoney fires him he won't be paying any tax and neither will his long standing peers. I just don't think it makes sense to cut budgets and say you will create jobs when the truth of the matter is the damage is greater than the benefit. You would think a good business man would recognize that.

Well Net, you and the rest of the Liberals could always chip in and give the seed to Big Bird....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast