Well boys and girls... - Page 2
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 325
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    So this was the debate.

    Obama says his regulations are good.

    Romney says Obama's are bad and he will replace them with his good regulations.

    I thought republicans where for deregulation.

    And what the hell was that crap that the "Free Market", need regulations. If there are tons of regulations its not free.
    Conservatives (notice I'm not using parties) are not opposed to all regulation. There is a time and place for them. But we are opposed to excessive regulation that unfairly hurts business and kills jobs or drives up costs.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,786
    Barry should have let Joe stand in for him, everyone already expects Joe to be dumb.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    Conservatives (notice I'm not using parties) are not opposed to all regulation. There is a time and place for them. But we are opposed to excessive regulation that unfairly hurts business and kills jobs or drives up costs.

    All regulations hurt business and kill jobs, although some are needed. What they really do that business men like Romney like is kill competien and drive up prices for products and drive small business out of the market. In short they are what allow companies like sports authority to thrive and allow for the consolidation of many brands under parent companies like Bain. It's not a good business model for the nation.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,786
    This A/C dude has some nads, I think it's great!

    http://www.click2houston.com/news/An...q/-/index.html
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    You Conservlicans keep thinking how WELL Mitty did in the debate.

    You are about to see how letting him run his mouth about Medicare Vouchers, Small business tax breaks for those small businesses like Trump Enterprises, Tax breaks for the top 5%, and rolling back regulations for the banking industry is going to play out in the next few weeks.

    The Dems are going to run ads from this debate like no ones business.

    All Mitty did was give them more sound and video clips.

    No wonder Bam was laughing.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,942
    We finally got to see Obama unmasked tonight. For the past 4 years the media has been covering for this guy. They've been covering where he was really born, they've been covering where he really went to college, they've been covering what his thesis papers were on, they've been covering what his grades really were, they've been covering his passport travels, they've been covering who his real father is, they've been covering his absolute failure on the economy and racking up our national debt, they've been covering his debacle called Obamacare, and tonight he finally got some hard ball questions that the media won't touch and he didn't have his teleprompter to bail him out.

    I almost feel sorry for the guy because he has finally been exposed for what he is. It looks like his charming personality isn't going to cut it after all.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I agree....there seemed to be many times the president wanted to say something but didn't...almost like he was advised to not be offensive...the many times while Romney was speaking that Obama nearly laughed for example.

    I do agree though that Romney seemed to not miss a beat , while the president did nothing.
    Romney did miss one point. Obama said he had not raised taxes on the middle class. Obamacare is a tax on all income classes.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    So this was the debate.

    Obama says his regulations are good.

    Romney says Obama's are bad and he will replace them with his good regulations.

    I thought republicans where for deregulation.

    And what the hell was that crap that the "Free Market", need regulations. If there are tons of regulations its not free.
    The first version of a bill to establish a commission to regulate trade was introduced on January 25, 1912, by Oklahoma congressman Dick Thompson Morgan, once known as the "father of the Federal Trade Commission." Morgan also made the first speech on the House floor advocating its creation on February 21, 1912. Though the initial bill did not pass, the Republican party platform of June 1912 endorsed the establishment of the Federal Trade Commission. Morgan reintroduced a slightly amended version of his bill during the April 1913 special session.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Trade_Commission

    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    Conservatives (notice I'm not using parties) are not opposed to all regulation. There is a time and place for them. But we are opposed to excessive regulation that unfairly hurts business and kills jobs or drives up costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    All regulations hurt business and kill jobs, although some are needed. What they really do that business men like Romney like is kill competien and drive up prices for products and drive small business out of the market. In short they are what allow companies like sports authority to thrive and allow for the consolidation of many brands under parent companies like Bain. It's not a good business model for the nation.
    So the FTC kills jobs and hurts business'? Like protecting consumers from anti competition, monopoly's, price fixing and price gouging?
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,937
    I watched it on PBS, all the liberal commentators agreed Romney got the best of the debate. They were far more impressed with Romney than I was.

    There were no great sound-bites. Good or bad. The whole fiasco sounded to me like two socialists from different loyalist orders arguing how better to dissect the carcass of a once free nation. Obviously I am more on the Mitt side of the debate, but I was not real happy the argument is about 'how best to control and regulate and micromanage' but that is just the reality of the day I guess.

    Truth is, the economy is so bad Obama could win the debate[s] and still lose the election. Polls aside, they are not reflecting voter turnout including un-enthused Obama supporters. But Mitt won, so the Team-Obama must be pretty sad right now. Around 1/3 of USA is left, 1/3 is right, and 1/3 is undecided. I think the debates are aimed to sway the undecided. Without some major meltdown, left or right are not going to change opinion over a debate.

    Our best chance for historical entertainment is the VP debate. That is a MUST SEE event.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    The first version of a bill to establish a commission to regulate trade was introduced on January 25, 1912, by Oklahoma congressman Dick Thompson Morgan, once known as the "father of the Federal Trade Commission." Morgan also made the first speech on the House floor advocating its creation on February 21, 1912. Though the initial bill did not pass, the Republican party platform of June 1912 endorsed the establishment of the Federal Trade Commission. Morgan reintroduced a slightly amended version of his bill during the April 1913 special session.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Trade_Commission





    So the FTC kills jobs and hurts business'? Like protecting consumers from anti competition, monopoly's, price fixing and price gouging?
    The largest and longest lasting period of growth in this nation occured following the American civil war. This also happens to be one least regulated times in American history. So, yes, the FTC kills jobs and hurts businesses.

    I do love the whole implying that because it came from the Republicans, that it was a good thing. The republicans put in as much overburdening regulations as the democrats. Its for the same reason too. Their own power.

    I do find it funny that on one hand you say people don't need protection by the government, but on the other hand you say that we do need protection by the government.

    Just so you know, historically monopolies, and the price fixing and gouging, that goes with them, only occur when government messes in the market and takes actions that create monopolies.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    There were no great sound-bites. Good or bad. The whole fiasco sounded to me like two socialists from different loyalist orders arguing how better to dissect the carcass of a once free nation. Obviously I am more on the Mitt side of the debate, but I was not real happy the argument is about 'how best to control and regulate and micromanage' but that is just the reality of the day I guess.
    I think he was just being careful not to rock the boat. He doesn't want the press taking potshots at him until he's on solid ground. He'll pull out the shotgun after the election.

    But even then, he'll shoot politely.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    The largest and longest lasting period of growth in this nation occured following the American civil war. Due to new inventions, discoveries and the Second Industrial revolution. This also happens to be one least regulated times in American history. So, yes, the FTC kills jobs and hurts businesses. The one is not the cause for the others decline.

    I do love the whole implying that because it came from the Republicans, that it was a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    I thought republicans where for deregulation.
    Just clarifying your statement. Didn't say it was a good thing, but it's not a bad thing either. It's a necessary evil. I was saying that the FTC has protected business' and consumers by allowing competition. That is one area of Regulations that one would agree Competition is good for business.[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    The republicans put in as much overburdening regulations as the democrats. Its for the same reason too. Their own power.

    I do find it funny that on one hand you say people don't need protection by the government, where did i say that?but on the other hand you say that we do need protection by the government.Depends on what protection you are referring to.

    Just so you know, historically monopolies, and the price fixing and gouging, that goes with them, only occur when government messes in the market and takes actions that create monopolies.
    .
    Last edited by chaard; 10-04-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,335
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    You Conservlicans keep thinking how WELL Mitty did in the debate.

    You are about to see how letting him run his mouth about Medicare Vouchers, Small business tax breaks for those small businesses like Trump Enterprises, Tax breaks for the top 5%, and rolling back regulations for the banking industry is going to play out in the next few weeks.

    The Dems are going to run ads from this debate like no ones business.

    All Mitty did was give them more sound and video clips.

    No wonder Bam was laughing.
    Do you really think that it matters?

    Everyone that I've talked to is already well decided on who they're voting for, and a political attack ad from either side isn't going to sway them one way or another.

    Those ads are more akin to a cheerleading squad than any real attempt at swaying public opinion.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 10-04-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event