thermostat questions

I have a thermostat question...hoping someone can help.

I currently have a approx 2900 finished sqft house, have a natural gas forced air furnace and electric central A/C system. Have a thermostat, older but digital, on the first floor. Wires includes Y,G,W, and Rh, no C wire. Works fine.

However, we are also installing a Quadrafire pellet stove for primary heat during the winter. The furnace will (hopefully) be used only as a backup if pellets run out during the night or during very cold nights.

I have a simple thermostat which is programmable which we purchased compatible with the stove. I am told that the stove requires a 12 volt thermostat with cold contact closure. This requires "2 wire" thermostat wire.

I would like to move/install a new thermostat. Ideally, I could find one thermostat that could control the central air, gas heat and pellet stove. I forsee somewhat of a two-stage system where the pellet stove is primary and the heater only kicks on if the house fails to heat appropriately with the pellets.

I would LOVE the Nest thermostat. This is a 24 volt thermostat however, and I'm told perhaps this is not compatible with the 12 volt required by the pellet stove.

Is there a way to combine all 3 devices on a single, integrated thermostat? Maybe a different one, not a Nest? Or would the Nest work? I could also install thermostats but would like to avoid this if possible. Using the Nest for my A/C and forced air is less than ideal since I intend to use the forced air heat minimally, using the pellet stove primarily during the winter, which kind of defeats the point of the Nest.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks!

Sorry wrong thread. I will repost appropriately.

A good tech will know how to integrate the different systems to work off of 1 thermostat.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 12-30-2012 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

chstewart, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?