Confused Existing A/C Piping For New R-410A Refrigerant

I'm getting ready to have my condenser and coil replaced with a brand new system that uses R-410A refrigerant. One HVAC tech tells me that the existing pressure piping can continue to be utilized with the new refrigerant R-410A because the old R-22 can be simply blown out of the existing copper line. I'm seeing different opinions on-line HERE.

Should I have all pressure lines replaced?

I don't see any different opinions in the article????

If the lines can be replaced then replace them. It's not a requirement, other than blowing the existing lines out with nitrogen.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

beshvc, This article (at the end) clearly states to replace this line...period. I'm simply attempting to get professional HVAC tech's to chime in with their opinions.
    Last edited by davevalley; 10-03-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davevalley View Post
    beshvc, The article (at the end) clearly states to replace this line...period. I'm simply attempting to get professional HVAC tech's to chime in with their opinions.

Sorry, read it again at the end, where does it clearly say that?
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

buy a flush kit to flush the oil and blow with nitro youwill be fine

I'm sorry...I inserted wrong article. The article I'm referring to is HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by davevalley View Post
    I'm sorry...I inserted wrong article. The article I'm referring to is HERE.
    That's just an article someone writes to get their search engine rankings up....it's not peer reviewed, in a professional journal or have any references with manufacturer's instructions.

If you can change it without tearing up walls-change it. If you can't change it- flush with nitrogen.

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    That's just an article someone writes to get their search engine rankings up....it's not peer reviewed, in a professional journal or have any references with manufacturer's instructions.

If you can change it without tearing up walls-change it. If you can't change it- flush with nitrogen.
    X2, I would not use any ac flush solvent just plain nitrogen purge

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    X2, I would not use any ac flush solvent just plain nitrogen purge
    X3