50 hertz on 60 hertz?

Let's say I have a donated Scotsman flaker rated at 230 volts, single phase, 50 hertz and I hook it up to a 230 volt, single phase 60 hertz power source. The unit does contain solid state circuitry. What can I expect to have happen? This unit is in our lab at school and it works okay for now, but I wonder what will happen eventually? Is there an inexpensive way to convert 60 hertz to 50 hertz? I've been thinking a programmable VFD would work? Thoughts? Ideas?
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

You might want to call Scotsman on this, but as far as I am aware, the control boards are the same for 60 hz and 50 Hz machines, and basically only the compressor and fan motors are different. I checked some parts list and none show a different board for 50 Hz.

Then again, there's the effect of the motorized components running 20% faster with 60 Hz over what they would with 50 Hz. For example, the 50 Hz compressor essentially has a larger displacement to match the capacity the 60 Hz pump, so if it's running 20% faster, it'll have about 20% more capacity.

I bet it makes ice faster!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

So, do you guys think a VFD would work if programmed to 50 hz output?
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii