Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Not hypocritical at all. We need to cut discretionary spending.
    Our military needs to be untouched. You say the military costs too much compared to other countries, but we are not other countries.
    We'll just have to disagree.
    LOL, see this is exactly the same argument I get from liberals when I go after their spending. It's always this way, their spending is bad, our spending is good.

The truelly horrid part of this is the democrats increase military spending and republicans have increased social spending. And everyone loses.

You need cuts across the board, not just the programs you don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    LOL, see this is exactly the same argument I get from liberals when I go after their spending. It's always this way, their spending is bad, our spending is good.

The truelly horrid part of this is the democrats increase military spending and republicans have increased social spending. And everyone loses.

You need cuts across the board, not just the programs you don't agree with.
    Do I amuse you? I care for where this country is headed. We need less govt, but not less defense.
    Exactly what part of the military would you cut?

Do I amuse you? I care for where this country is headed. We need less govt, but not less defense.
    Exactly what part of the military would you cut?
    People whom think that their government is fine, but others government is not, amuse me.

I agree we do not need less defense. Defense is great. THe problem is most of our military is not defensive.

There is just as much waste in the military system as there is in any governmental program. Thats a good place to start.

Mind you I don't want to cut personal. I want to do stuff like bringing home troops that are stationed in places like japan, and germeny. Hell just bringing those troops home and stationing them in bases that we shut down would be a huge boon to local economies.

Get the hell out of the middle east. Why the hell are we going into places, knocking everything down, and spending our money to rebuild it. Thats just pure corruption on the parts of military contractors.

The Democrats cut defense spending leaving serious gaps in our preparedness. The Republicans then are forced to not only restore defense spending but spend more to catch up just to get our effectiveness to where it should be. Yes, we need to look hard at where we need to maintain a military presence around the world but whereever we're gonna be, do it right. Not like those sitting ducks in Libya.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    The Democrats cut defense spending leaving serious gaps in our preparedness. The Republicans then are forced to not only restore defense spending but spend more to catch up just to get our effectiveness to where it should be. Yes, we need to look hard at where we need to maintain a military presence around the world but whereever we're gonna be, do it right. Not like those sitting ducks in Libya.
    Again, when was the last cut to military spending, and I mean real cut, not, decrease in the rate of increase? For that matter, what was the last cut republicans made to domestic spending.

People whom think that their government is fine, but others government is not, amuse me.
    Where did I say our govt is fine?

I agree we do not need less defense. Defense is great.
    Agreed.
    THe problem is most of our military is not defensive.

There is just as much waste in the military system as there is in any governmental program. Thats a good place to start.
    Why not start with the Dept of Education or programs like Acorn?

Mind you I don't want to cut personal. I want to do stuff like bringing home troops that are stationed in places like japan, and germeny. Hell just bringing those troops home and stationing them in bases that we shut down would be a huge boon to local economies.

Get the hell out of the middle east. Why the hell are we going into places, knocking everything down, and spending our money to rebuild it. Thats just pure corruption on the parts of military contractors.
    We should bring our troops home.

The Democrats cut defense spending leaving serious gaps in our preparedness. The Republicans then are forced to not only restore defense spending but spend more to catch up just to get our effectiveness to where it should be.
    That's what I said.

Yes, we need to look hard at where we need to maintain a military presence around the world but whereever we're gonna be, do it right. Not like those sitting ducks in Libya.

Where did I say our govt is fine?
    Agreed.

Why not start with the Dept of Education or programs like Acorn?

We should bring our troops home.

That's what I said.
    I would love to see Dept of Education gone, but you have to understand, its not a matter of starting. We need to cut massively across the board. Lets put it this way. I think Paul Ryan's, plan that republicans love, as not even a scratch towards what needs to happen.

One thing. When I say we need to cut military, I'm talking about military contracts to rebuild other nations, programs to work on aging equipment from as far back as WW2, the same buectatic waste that still litters the pentogon.

People need to remeber that the same people that set up our entitlement systems, also set up our military system, so the same problems that are embeded in both.

Oh, the military is part of the government, cuts to the military are cuts to government.

I would love to see Dept of Education gone, but you have to understand, its not a matter of starting. We need to cut massively across the board. Lets put it this way. I think Paul Ryan's, plan that republicans love, as not even a scratch towards what needs to happen.

One thing. When I say we need to cut military, I'm talking about military contracts to rebuild other nations, programs to work on aging equipment from as far back as WW2, the same buectatic waste that still litters the pentogon.

People need to remeber that the same people that set up our entitlement systems, also set up our military system, so the same problems that are embeded in both.

Oh, the military is part of the government, cuts to the military are cuts to government.
    It's certainly not going to be done in four yrs or even eight. But it needs to start now.

To the OP, I think the polls are going to shift towards Romney in the coming weeks. Especially after the whooping Obama took tonight. Those polls are cooked up fantasy polls put out by the liberal media anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    To the OP, I think the polls are going to shift towards Romney in the coming weeks. Especially after the whooping Obama took tonight. Those polls are cooked up fantasy polls put out by the liberal media anyway.
    You know..... I watched the Ron Paul people insist the exact same thing. Ron Paul is not the republican nominee. Of course if he was you could at least claim that he was different then obama and actually for free markets.

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    The ADP jobs number came in better than expected today,last months number was revised higher.If the Fed.number in the AM and early NOV. beat,It will be all over but the tears!
    Yeah, I'll bet another 500,000 dropped out of the labor force. That's the only way they can get the unemployment numbers down.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I have to agree with you. O finally got exposed for all the crap he and the media have been trying to shove down our throats. You don't think the media is actually crazy enough to say O won the debate and bounce him up a point or two in the polls do you?

Umm.... when was the last time a democrat cut military spending, or for that matter a republican cut social programs. I'm not going to hold my breath. You will probably reply with the crap that last year. Of course I will then have to point out that it was not a real cut but a decrease in the ammount of spending increased.

While I wait, I think Ill amuse myself by pointing out that we spend more then next 25 nations combined, and most of those are alies. Yup, need more spending on the military, almost as much as we need spending on social programs.
    Elf just say your going to vote for Obama and get it over with it. We understand. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast