Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well then perfect why not knock the one running as an open Marxist in this campaign instead of knocking Romney even if he is not a Reagan conservative or our ideal candidate. At least he is not Obama. Give me a break here. Thank you, thank you very much
    Evening Glenn.....

When Romney was the "anybody but obama" candidate....or as I like to call him, the "ABO".... he had a pretty good chance of winning in my opinion.... People were sqwawking about his health care ideas being similar to Obamas.... he wasnt saying much so most folks fiqured he would be just another quiet "caretaker president"..... a safe althernative to Obama who at least could be trusted to not really mess with much till someone with a decent plan came along...... hopefully next election.

Romney picked Paul Ryan...an athiest leaning old folk hating man who wants to gut medicare for the elderly and throw the poor out onto the streets...... then Romney started shooting his yap off.... He shot off a couple of times pre Ryan...... but now it seems as we get closer to zero hour......he just wont shut up.

47 %, not realizing just how many of our service men and women are on stamps or dont pay taxes because of their tax credits.... dissing the soldiers on memorial day......bragging about how wealthy he is....

The man should just shut the F up........lol

Now he has people scared of what they are going to lose under his administration..... and now those people who would have been perfectly fine with old governor Romney at the helm are scared and a lot are even at pissed at what they believe he is planning to do.

Of course...he wont tell anyone his plans.......and thats the scary part..... you cant make the cuts he is talking without hurting someone.....and that someone is usually someone with a steady job.... and of course the elderly.....and the kids....

Romney has blown it..... he knows it....america knows it..... and all he has now to save him....especially since his minions got caught signing up dead folks to vote for him...... is a bunch of folks praying their butts off for the next month.....

Gettin up at 2 in the morning again Glenn...... Got an hour and half ride to work and I want to be there by 4 am......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Now that is a surprise after 2 years of obstruction and no viable candidate - "Not Obama" is the best the GOP can do - pathetic.

i am voting for sara palin!!!!!!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    So greed is good, hearthman? Who really did screw up the economy? Was it the banks to large to fail, or the greedy wall street fatcats? Our system of capitalism is not the most awesome and attitudes must change in regards to what is right and wrong

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/many-w...050334637.html
    If you are referring to the housing and mortgage bubble that popped in 2008... that would be Bill Clinton the the Dems. Been discussed many times... do a google search.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Our system is not capitalism. Government is currently proping up big corporations. That is not capitalism. That is corporatism. It is not a good thing.

Elf; you and I agree on this.

There is no business that is 'too big to fail'. The reality there will be NO safety net is what tempers judgement and keeps business AND individuals from making and living from irresponsible decisions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

We agree. There should be no business that is "too big to fail", but that is not today's reality as it relates to our governments' view.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Elf; you and I agree on this.

There is no business that is 'too big to fail'. The reality there will be NO safety net is what tempers judgement and keeps business AND individuals from making and living from irresponsible decisions.
    I agree in principle with this. But if most of the major banks had failed I think we would of been in worse shape. Its a tangled web but its what we have to work with for now.

The fact that more young people like Obama than don't like him doesn't look good for America's future. What they all seem to be saying, and what the pro-Obama bunch on the board here seem to be saying is let's keep those government freebies coming as long as possible. Let's keep social security going as long as possible. I wish there was a "Middle Class Party". I would vote for that guy. I wonder how all the liberal mush heads are going to like Obama's charming personality when the dollar loses its status as the world's reserve currency and hyperinflation kicks in? Obama only has government solutions (spending) for everything, but we are beyond broke! Hope & change you can believe in? Not hardly.

The ADP jobs number came in better than expected today,last months number was revised higher.If the Fed.number in the AM and early NOV. beat,It will be all over but the tears!

It's already over!
    Always here

The election of our President is decided through the electoral college system.

So the election really comes down to just a few swing states and thats where the campaigns focus is kept.

For instance I see no campaign adds in my very Red State.

Its a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    Being a capitalist is a good thing, unfettered
    capitalism(greed) is how we got into this mess.
    Your understanding of our economy and the 2008 collapse is woefully inadequate.

Usually its the case when someone broad brushes "greed" and the "evil banks" as the reason why we're in the mess we're in.

Fannie and Freddie have been around since the 30's and Wall Street has been trading morgage backed securities for decades.

Derivitives are nothing new

So what changed ? And no it wasnt "regulations". I'll give you a hint.

Google "The Affordable Housing Act" and its relation to the housing bubble.

Also the banks under threat of fines really were forced to participate and Fannie and Freddie were bundling these worthless securities and selling them to the investment banks to fund the subprime market.

Look into why Wells Fargo just got fined 175,000,000 by the justice Dept.

They refused to participate.

Govt policies and specifically Democrat policies caused the bubble and perpetuated all of the "greeed" you speak of

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I agree in principle with this. But if most of

the major banks had failed I think we would of been in worse shape. Its a tangled web but its what we have to work with for now.
    This is true. People have little concept of how close we were to a total economic collapse.

In the movie "Margin Call" it shows the two traders driving around right before it was made public looking at the people saying to themselves "they have no idea whats coming ".

All of the banks declaring massive losses on the same day means your credit/debit/gas card doesn't work anymore.

Neither do ATMs. Banks doors are closed and soon grocery stores are looted.

So then now what ? Martial Law.

We were days away from that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast