Hybrid View

Couple of quotes from the Founding Fathers

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered…" --Thomas Jefferson

I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin
    (end)

It would appear from reading these quotes... issues we think are 'new' today have been around since the founding of the country. And it appears the founding fathers understood better how to handle the issues than we do today.

GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Yes they were wise beyond their years and ours.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered…" --Thomas Jefferson

I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin
    (end)

It would appear from reading these quotes... issues we think are 'new' today have been around since the founding of the country. And it appears the founding fathers understood better how to handle the issues than we do today.

Ya ....but wherez my free ****?

The founding fathers certainly understood.

“As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.”
    George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    The founding fathers certainly understood.

“As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.”
    George Washington
    I dont want to speak for ole George but I'd like to think by worthy members of the community he meant hard working people not people who snuck in or are just looking for freebies.