+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weatherking heatpump trouble shooting

Post Likes

weatherking heatpump trouble shooting

compressor wont start ever time t- stat calls for it ,checked cap. tested good owner got a new one tested the same 40/10 330vac wiring, contactor,compressor termals good shape on compressor, tried a hard start kit on it did the same thing.thinking weak overload, dead place in start winding maybe

Post Likes
    rustneversleeps,

Number one: Please do not ask the same question all over the forum. Those posts have been deleted.

Number two: "Are you a technician" ?

Number three: Just so you know the advise here will be limited at best due to our no DYI policy on this site and this question being placed in an open section of the site.

Number four: Might want to take a minute and review the sites rules and previous threads by others.

Post Likes
    Try ohming the compressor, but unhook high voltage first so as not to kill yourself.

Post Likes
    was going to meg it but dont have one, most of the time when i check compressors they are either grounded or open you know its needs replaced, i alwalys think safety first. wanted to be sure before replacing it .not sure how to calulate the ohms between c-s,c-r,s-r this got 1.5 months before the warrantys up. thanks for your reply

Post Likes
    sorry about that been this site from time to time great info and people here, yes I have worked on all types of comfort cooling 1/5 window unit to 400 ton absorbers,trane and carrirers,york, centrifugal chillers ,screw machines at university in southern ohio for 26 years. i will read the rules again and hopefuly not mess up again

Post Likes
    Amperage on start up ?

Post Likes
    restneversleeps you mentioned about not sure how to calculate ohms this is a good place to start.
    Ohm between R and C: This reading should be the lowest reading of the three readings. This is the run windings.
    Ohm between S and C: This reading will be the second highest value of the three readings. This is the start windings.
    Ohm between S to R: This will be the highest reading and should be equal to the sum of the other two readings.

Post Likes
    If this is the original compressor in your WeatherKing 13PJA36A01, it should have a Bristol H21J32BABCA compressor in it.

Here are the readings for a good winding test on that compressor (+/- 5%).

T1-T3 (C-R) = 0.6 ohms

T1-T2 (C-S) = 1.7 ohms

T2-T3 (S-R) = 2.3 ohms
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Did you check the line voltage? Is the capacitor the correct size and/or wired correctly? Head pressure? The list goes on..... (#2 still in question - )

"I don't know why it be like it is, but it do"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Amperage on start up ?
    Ya, it has an amp draw when it starts. LOL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Ya, it has an amp draw when it starts. LOL
    Well what it be? what it be?

Post Likes
    Does the compressor try to start or just sit there? If there is no ampeage is there voltage? If there is no amps why? If there is no voltage why? When it does run what is the amps? How does that compare to rated? If it is drawing locked rotor when it doens't start are the pressures equalized?

Post Likes
    Well what it be? what it be?
    The amp meter said. Amps ok. ROFL

Post Likes
    Is that what the beep sound is???

Post Likes
    Then there is nothing wrong then, is there?

I got one of those Amp's at 7-11 and I feel better

Post Likes
    Then there is nothing wrong then, is there?

I got one of those Amp's at 7-11 and I feel better

Hope you had one for me too.

Post Likes
    thanks rundawg for the info next time i post a question i will bring all the info,voltage,start amps,run amp,super heat,sub cool,ohm reading,compressor mod.#,unit mod.#,txv or piston, ahu unit mod.# all the history i know about . Boy,u guys sure did educated me on posting a question.Im still learning and will continue to lean, there is only one way to do things the right way. compressor has benchmark tag on it,not sure if that a brand or not.Most of the bristol comp. i have replaced had a raised bristol on them.I will check the comp. # and get back to u.Thanks again rundawg.

Post Likes
    Tony voltage was 229 it is original capacitor and it is wired right. has voltage and no amp reading when contactor pulls in,when comp.does start it pulls about 11 amps .,everything works great runs about 10 mims cycles off on temp. when it don't come on i have power to comp. terminals but no load.

Post Likes
    thanks kls-ccc my next post will have all the info.i needed to be taught how to ask question on here i think i got it now, thanks again

Post Likes
    thanks shaworth1 i should have knowin that, it will be part of my trouble shooting from now on. most of the time it's either grounded or open and makes for an easy call if the comp. is bad or not, i will remember comp. ohm's .Thanks for the info. and the reply

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in