+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane Lon VVT Changeover system

Post Likes

Confused Trane Lon VVT Changeover system

I am finishing a job with 8 RTU Reliatel units. The all have LCI-R cards in them. The one unit is connected to 4 VVT controllers but the unit is setup for constant volume. My Trane rep keeps telling me I should be able to control discharge air, but I don't see it. This unit is setup like the other 7 RTU's. All eight have the same program ID. It is a JCI FX JACE and lmnl file was pulled from the lontrane module. I don't see how I am suppose to do DA control when I see points that all me to set the DA setpoints. Plus my heat is running with DA temp of 140 F and cooling in the low 40s.

The program ID is 80 00 2a 55 00 03 04 0c . All 8 RTUS have the same program ID.

I have not had a fun time with Trane and Lon mixed together!

Post Likes
    You need the LCI-R DAC(Discharge Air Control) profile see:

http://www.lonmark.org/certification...?ProductID=645

You are probably using a LCI-R with the SCC profile.

WARNING the files on the Lonmark site might not be the latest version.

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Hey Kevin. Thats what I found on the lon website as well. I was thinking that it was something I could fix in the field without calling Trane again. I guess I will need to contact my Trane rep again and that's no fun. I d/l the files from lonmark and they were just xif files which are just points list, is that correct? Wouldn't I need other files to actually load into the unit?

Post Likes
    Called Trane rep. He says this is the correct profile.

Anyone have a plan B I can use because I don't.

Post Likes
    I think that it is probably a different card, but not sure on that.

Check your email, I have sent you some infomation on the points in each profile, not sure that it will help.

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Thanks Kenvin. I will check my email. My Trane rep said it will take custom programming to make it all work. I wanted to say no crap, but I didn't. He is going to check with the factory and see what they say so he says.

Post Likes
    The rtu that is tied to the varitrac system needs to be a TCI trane proprietary board for it to work with the zoning system. and the stpt is setup in the varitrac panel if I'm understanding the problem correctly.

Post Likes
    The trane varitrac uses a standard constant volume relitell unit and then controls a bypass damper setup in the ductwork. the comunications between the rtu and the vav boxes is controled by the varitac board and it has a seperate lon link to the building managment system. In the past I havent had much luck getting information from the varitrac board to a tridium device. What has worked for me is to control the bypass damper directly with ndio from a jace and control the rtu with discharge temp with the jace controling the setpoint.

Post Likes
    I did get this straightend out finally. I had to enable/disable the heating and cooling based on DA-T from the JACE using points in the RTU. I was already controlling bypass by an exteranl controller.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in