Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by wetbar View Post
    Hey I'm just starting my company and have been doing service and checks for a few months now. I am starting to get calls for no heat, and gas heat service. I was wondering what checks need to be done on gas heat to make sure every thing is running well. What tools/ meters do I need to purchase? I have flute and field piece for the ac side and heat pumps, but nothing for nat gas. I know how to check the pressure coming in the then through the gas valve (11 WC for nat gas). I was thinking there was a fume detector or something I needed. something to check to flame maybe, not sure what all I need.

Thanks for the help
    It amazes me how many people with absolutely no knowledge in this field try and start their own business. Going to screw a lot of people and end up hurting a homeowner or themselves.. I just don't understand people. I'm sure everyone agrees with me!!!

Put down the flute and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsmith816 View Post
    It amazes me how many people with absolutely no knowledge in this field try and start their own business. Going to screw a lot of people and end up hurting a homeowner or themselves.. I just don't understand people. I'm sure everyone agrees with me!!!
    I do !!!

If I where you, I would take a pass on any gas systems.

Quote Originally Posted by martyinlincoln View Post
    Not to be mean but maybe you should just run the business and hire an experienced tech to do the work. A list of tools doesn't help if you don't know what the readings are telling you.
    Yes I agree
    We really need change now

Please get more experience, nothing personal, just people trying to help with replies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123