Conversion Therapy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good question. I don't have stats. I don't think anyone would.
    So Scrog, what do the experts on human condition have to say. Are they born gay or is it a social thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Curious thing about genetics a researcher found:

After doing a LONG study (well over a decade), they found folks who were born WITHOUT any sign of diabetes... yet ate a sugar heavy diet... developed type 2 diabetes. Now here is the interesting thing: They grew a diabetes gene. Yes, they grew a diabetes gene.
    I believe you have garbled the content of the study. Variants of a certain gene are closely identified with type 2 diabetes. This would be a mutation or transposition error, not the body growing a new gene.

I realize you probably heard it or read it on the internet or Fox News but a citation of the study would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Good question. I don't have stats. I don't think anyone would.
    So Scrog, what do the experts on human condition have to say. Are they born gay or is it a social thing.
    Well, if there is one thing I've learned about the human condition is that it is hard to conclude anything based on what you've observed. It's more about the human traps that we tend to fall in to, even when we can recognize them AS human traps. That's why they are traps.

For example, I believe that the path forward for the human race is the acceptance of the diverse nature of man. Sounds good, yes? Unfortunately, even though I hold this view, I have quite a hard time actually doing it myself.

So, I'm afraid the human condition won't really give us much insight, unless we call susceptablility to becoming gay a human trap. Not sure that's accurate, but now that you bring it up, I will give it further consideration.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12