Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homeowners and thermometers...

Post Likes
    Originally posted by docholiday
    Well, you can certainly trip people up intentionally. If you knew more about the bulb than the guy making just over minimum wage at the hardware store, then you could have explained to him what it is you really wanted and when he takes you to the light bulb isle, you can share your wealth of knowlege.

Hi doc. LOL! You must have read my post just as I was removing the bulb story, I felt it was getting off topic a bit. But, I forgot to mention that I did go on to explain to him what the bulb was when I realised he didn't know. He still had never heard of such a thing, but now he knows just in case someone else asks.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by seadragon
    I have to chime in on this one.

I think there are 2 kinds of people on this earth. Those that don't care how things work, and those that want to know/learn. I certainly belong to the latter group.

I have watched my Infinity control on more than one occasion to observe how it works. For example, I occasionally drop into the service menu and check the static pressure. I've watched it do its static check at 1 PM every day. I've made notes on run times on low and high etc.

I hear ya!

But, you really should quit staring at the thing... ;-)

Post Likes
    so tell us about the bulb... sounds like a hot bulb to me, or a bright one.

Post Likes
    I guess that I should've put a smiley at the end of my statement. I constantly mess with the damn thing, too. Drive my wife nuts. I have a hard time with 'set it and forget it.' I have infinity zoning with infinity heat pump and air handler. There are loads of config items to monitor.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    It's all good!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by docholiday
    so tell us about the bulb... sounds like a hot bulb to me, or a bright one.
    Well, they are bulbs for over my pool table. I belong to a billiard forum and a lot of people there swear by these so called "Daylight" bulbs. I did find some at Home Depot and tried them. They are very different than regular soft white bulbs.

The 6500K (Kelvin) is the measurement of the color temperature of a bulb. The higher the number, the cooler it is and more towards the blue spectrum. Soft white bulbs are usually 2700K (considered warmer and more toward the red spectrum. These daylights are 6500K! They look quite blue when you see them next to regular bulbs.

Anyway, I tried them out and decided that I prefer the warmer 2700K bulbs. The daylight bulbs create a very cold atmosphere. But some pool players really like them.

I did a comparison for the billiard forum, here is the link to my photos if you're interested:

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...empComparison/

and

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...lb_Comparison/

[Edited by seadragon on 10-12-2006 at 02:17 PM]

Post Likes
    Now, go and change them to CFLs and save even more energy dollars... ;-)

And now, back to our topic at hand....

Post Likes
    They are CFLs (exept for one).

Post Likes
    Its even worse when you go on a service call because a customer wants to maintain a constant temp of 70 degrees and you try to describe temperature swing to them but they think your insane LOL!!!

Post Likes
    Did some work for a retired engineer. Wore us out.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

Post Likes
    Infinity..by geeks for geeks.

Post Likes

One of the MANY reasons I quit residential:

Don't get mad, get their money!!!!
    All my leon freaked out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in