Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 14

Thread: The Warning

  1. #1

    The Warning

    http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill...layoff-notices

    Don't you dare announce any layoff notices before the election.
    It would be bad JU JU if you did,it would make me look bad and I have to keep up with the illusion that everything is just fine.

    Signed Joebama
    FEN

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,214
    Is NObama going to change his name to Stalin.

    Unfreakingbelievable
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Is NObama going to change his name to Stalin.

    Unfreakingbelievable

    There are small layoffs all over the country,even in your backyard.


    http://www.weny.com/news/All/sikorsky-layoffs092412

    A bunch in UT,Pratt and Whitney,even before the 123,000 layoffs planned by Lockheed Martin.
    FEN

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    “The Obama Administration is cynically trying to skirt the WARN Act to keep the American people in the dark about this looming national security and fiscal crisis,” Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) said in a statement.
    Looming national security and fiscal crisis? You guys have been concerned with security since 911 and I think by now everybody should be well aware of the fiscal crisis your country is facing. What part are they keep in the dark? Why not just say it, vote for Obama and you will lose your job. Not to say there will be less of a security of fiscal crisis if the Republicans get in.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    3,824
    Why would voting for Obama make one lose his/her job?
    Always here

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Terrible, this administration should uphold the truth.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    Why would voting for Obama make one lose his/her job?
    That is why the current government put out the notice to the companies, they are scared the people that loose their jobs will want someone to blame and punish. The republicans are counting on it and want to push the companies to give the layoff notices just before the election. If you think about it the laid off workers would probably get better unemployment benefits under a Democratic government but there is always hope that voting for the other guy may cause the layoffs not to happen.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Terrible, this administration should uphold the truth.
    This is politics. What has truth to do with anything?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,942
    printer2, I'm so into U.S. politics, but I don't even know the PM of Canada. That's your typical clueless American huh? But, I'll bet I can name at least 12 provinces. This is all off the top of my head without going on the internet.

    1. BC
    2. Alberta
    3. Manitoba
    4. Saskatchewan
    5. Ontario
    6. Quebec
    7. Newfoundland
    8. Price Edward Island
    9. Nova Scotia
    10. Northwest Territories
    11. Yukon Territory

    Darn, that's the best I can do.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Looming national security and fiscal crisis? You guys have been concerned with security since 911 and I think by now everybody should be well aware of the fiscal crisis your country is facing. What part are they keep in the dark? Why not just say it, vote for Obama and you will lose your job. Not to say there will be less of a security of fiscal crisis if the Republicans get in.
    The only one we are missing in that gaggle of goofs is Carl Levin. He must have been in Martha's Vineyard his second residence.

    Graham
    McCain
    Levin
    and Joe Bama the NDAA crew
    FEN

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    printer2, I'm so into U.S. politics, but I don't even know the PM of Canada. That's your typical clueless American huh? But, I'll bet I can name at least 12 provinces. This is all off the top of my head without going on the internet.

    1. BC
    2. Alberta
    3. Manitoba
    4. Saskatchewan
    5. Ontario
    6. Quebec
    7. Newfoundland
    8. Price Edward Island
    9. Nova Scotia
    10. Northwest Territories
    11. Yukon Territory

    Darn, that's the best I can do.
    That is OK, we usually change our PM from time to time, the provinces you are pretty good at. I have trouble remembering Nunavut also, it's new and somehow does not stick in my mind very well. Otherwise not bad.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,093
    Forgot new Brunswick too! Lol

    Impressed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    That is why the current government put out the notice to the companies, they are
    scared the people that loose their jobs will want someone to blame and punish. The republicans are counting on it and want to push the companies to give the layoff notices just before the election. If you think about it the laid off workers would probably get better unemployment benefits under a Democratic government but there is always hope that voting for the other guy may cause the layoffs not to happen.
    Printer how are those benefits currently being payed for ?

    And if you want to be part of a discusion concerning American politics and the impact the two distinct ideologies have on our economy do a little historical research first.

    Which party is trying to address our declining fiscal health and which party is piling on the debt and not addressing the economy with any practical solutions ?

    What happened after the welfare reform act of the nineteen ninetees. ?

    After Carters disastrous Presidency where inflation, unemployment and interest rates where double digit.

    You left leaning guys need to realize that the one thing our economy lacks is also having an effect on the economies of Western Europe.

    With Obama we won't be getting it back anytime soon and Companies and investors will simply hold on to their capital instead of growing, hiring and investing.

    It's simply confidence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event