Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need ideas for rewards for my HVAC technicians in our quarterly contest

Post Likes

Need ideas for rewards for my HVAC technicians in our quarterly contest

I currently manage 12 Service Technicians in our company and like to reward them for their hard work. This month is for selling the most service/maintenance agreements and was thinking of giving 3 prizes for the top 3 that sells the most. Thought I would ask the HVAC community for ideas. The guys love tools, what tools would be most wanted for them? Any feedback would be appreciated....
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Welcome to H talk!

Get them some of these; http://digi-cool.com/ak900

Post Likes
    Thank you Chuck, thats awesome. Would like to get a few different things...anymore ideas?

Post Likes
    Technician skills instead of sales seminars at your morning meetings.

Post Likes

Give them a new VAN !
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Post Likes
    The vans are all new so I think they are good on that

Post Likes
    We teach them to not be salesmen but be professional, skilled technicians. However we do reward them when they do good for the company because our service agreement customers keep our company going.

Post Likes
    Good , I have worked for the companys' who just push new equipment no matter what. Not always the best option for customer. I'm not totally serious though just being a SA.

Post Likes
    Tools. That's the biggest expenditure in this trade.

Post Likes
    Education account - build $ they can spend to take whatever class appeals to them.

Post Likes
    Personally I don't like it when my boss tries to give me tools, appreciate the gesture but I'm a tool junkie and spend hours getting info and reviews before every purchase, so if you handed me a pair of lame diagonal cutters or gauges I didn't want what would be the point? Each Christmas he hands out a few tools, I take them straight to lowes(where he gets them) and trade them in for a store credit.

I would stay away from tools, give them gift cards either to a store like home depot or the visa ones that can be used anywhere. Other than that ask them what they want, give them a few options and have them vote on three of them, now they might be excited because they've gotten to choose what they are interested in.

In my personal opinion, don't give them anything, promote the idea that everyone is on the same team and driving to do quality work and to grow the company, reward them by taking care of them, buy lunch(sometimes), pay for them to go to classes, surprise them with a Christmas bonus. Don't single anyone out for praise or disapproval(unless done so privately between you and them in a closed office), focus on the team aspect and that everyone has a part in success, if some guys are doing a much better job then give them raises but don't rub it in the face of others.

Welcome to the site, get ready, you'll get a lot of people's 2cents on this site but it's good for you : ).

Post Likes
    A free pass to a " rub n tug" with happy ending payed for!! Don't chince

Post Likes
    Snap On or Home Depot gift cards! They can buy tools for personal or business use.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACgal101 View Post
    The vans are all new so I think they are good on that

OK then:
    1) Gold Rolex wrist watch.
    2) Trading spaces. Let them do your job for two weeks & you do their job.
    3) One extra week vacation.
    4 ----- we can go on & on and you'll shoot 'em all down.

Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Post Likes
    tools are nice, but what about getting them signed up for classes that would benefit both the employee and the business. I would love to go to some classes on controls. unfortunately our company doesn't do controls but I'm very interested in learning that side of the trade. (that was an example however seeing we are on the topic and your in the mood to give things away, I wouldn't decline the invitation )
    ®

Post Likes
    The reward will be most appreciated if it revolves around there family,

Ex: let them come in an hour late so they can take there kids to school or pick up (works when there young only)

Maybe one of there wives (brother) is involved with after school activities, get involved financially or donating your time. If an ideal similar dosnt pop up. The best gift would be for them is 4 U to get to know them better. Yeah i know it sounds corny,, but gift cards are too.
    But if u want a quick reward with minimum effort and most to gain Have a monthly lotto pool,, let them dream together on your dime,, and if they win your company name will be all over the news win win.

Mininium effort== Netflix account every time they see a movie they will appreciate u or there Family members

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Personally I don't like it when my boss tries to give me tools, appreciate the gesture but I'm a tool junkie and spend hours getting info and reviews before every purchase, so if you handed me a pair of lame diagonal cutters or gauges I didn't want what would be the point? Each Christmas he hands out a few tools, I take them straight to lowes(where he gets them) and trade them in for a store credit.

I would stay away from tools, give them gift cards either to a store like home depot or the visa ones that can be used anywhere. Other than that ask them what they want, give them a few options and have them vote on three of them, now they might be excited because they've gotten to choose what they are interested in.

In my personal opinion, don't give them anything, promote the idea that everyone is on the same team and driving to do quality work and to grow the company, reward them by taking care of them, buy lunch(sometimes), pay for them to go to classes, surprise them with a Christmas bonus. Don't single anyone out for praise or disapproval(unless done so privately between you and them in a closed office), focus on the team aspect and that everyone has a part in success, if some guys are doing a much better job then give them raises but don't rub it in the face of others.

Welcome to the site, get ready, you'll get a lot of people's 2cents on this site but it's good for you : ).
    This.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Veto Pro Tech LC tool bag. Digicool Ak900 digital gauges. Fluke 902 meter. Also my company gives out shotguns (safety award).

Post Likes
    Cash money.

Post Likes
    I do think you need to give rewards for individual accomplishment in private for the most part. Group rewards should go to the group or make it random. Its great to reward for hard work but others may feel slighted or resentful. Sad but true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in