Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need ideas for rewards for my HVAC technicians in our quarterly contest

I currently manage 12 Service Technicians in our company and like to reward them for their hard work. This month is for selling the most service/maintenance agreements and was thinking of giving 3 prizes for the top 3 that sells the most. Thought I would ask the HVAC community for ideas. The guys love tools, what tools would be most wanted for them? Any feedback would be appreciated....

Welcome to H talk!

Get them some of these; http://digi-cool.com/ak900

Thank you Chuck, thats awesome. Would like to get a few different things...anymore ideas?

Technician skills instead of sales seminars at your morning meetings.

Give them a new VAN !
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

The vans are all new so I think they are good on that

We teach them to not be salesmen but be professional, skilled technicians. However we do reward them when they do good for the company because our service agreement customers keep our company going.

Good , I have worked for the companys' who just push new equipment no matter what. Not always the best option for customer. I'm not totally serious though just being a SA.

Tools. That's the biggest expenditure in this trade.

Education account - build $ they can spend to take whatever class appeals to them.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Personally I don't like it when my boss tries to give me tools, appreciate the gesture but I'm a tool junkie and spend hours getting info and reviews before every purchase, so if you handed me a pair of lame diagonal cutters or gauges I didn't want what would be the point? Each Christmas he hands out a few tools, I take them straight to lowes(where he gets them) and trade them in for a store credit.

I would stay away from tools, give them gift cards either to a store like home depot or the visa ones that can be used anywhere. Other than that ask them what they want, give them a few options and have them vote on three of them, now they might be excited because they've gotten to choose what they are interested in.

In my personal opinion, don't give them anything, promote the idea that everyone is on the same team and driving to do quality work and to grow the company, reward them by taking care of them, buy lunch(sometimes), pay for them to go to classes, surprise them with a Christmas bonus. Don't single anyone out for praise or disapproval(unless done so privately between you and them in a closed office), focus on the team aspect and that everyone has a part in success, if some guys are doing a much better job then give them raises but don't rub it in the face of others.

Welcome to the site, get ready, you'll get a lot of people's 2cents on this site but it's good for you : ).

A free pass to a " rub n tug" with happy ending payed for!! Don't chince

Snap On or Home Depot gift cards! They can buy tools for personal or business use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast