Thread: MAYTAG Model #M1200 PPH2RFX48K Heat Pump

Post Likes

MAYTAG Model #M1200 PPH2RFX48K Heat Pump

My local A/C company is responsible for installing a new MAYTAG heat pump on my roof due to a NO LEMON guarantee they provided me with when I bought my original unit. Needless to say, the original unit's compressor died within 22 months of original install date. My A/C company is telling me MAYTAG does not make a 15 SEER, 4 ton heat pump in an electric version (no gas hybrid). But I found this model number (PPH2RFX48K) on MAYTAGS website. Can one of you pros please confirm for me if this MAYTAG model M1200/PPH2RFX48K is a 220volt electric unit, so I can go back to my HVAC company and direct them to install this unit? Thank you!

Post Likes
    Seems to be just what you think it is.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tdown74 View Post
    My local A/C company is responsible for installing a new MAYTAG heat pump on my roof due to a NO LEMON guarantee they provided me with when I bought my original unit. Needless to say, the original unit's compressor died within 22 months of original install date. My A/C company is telling me MAYTAG does not make a 15 SEER, 4 ton heat pump in an electric version (no gas hybrid). But I found this model number (PPH2RFX48K) on MAYTAGS website. Can one of you pros please confirm for me if this MAYTAG model M1200/PPH2RFX48K is a 220volt electric unit, so I can go back to my HVAC company and direct them to install this unit? Thank you!
    might want to determine why only 22 months of life or you may be in for another replacement in another 22 months.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    How do I determine that? Are you insinuating a faulty install? The same installer who installed the first unit that lasted 22 months is installing the replacement unit?

Post Likes
    Did you have any service issues before the compressor failed?

Post Likes
    yes...2 operating circuit boards got fried and were replaced under warranty. Then the compressor failed. The contractor already has my purchase price $$$ I paid for 2 new units, 2 years ago. They are very reluctantly replacing the original installed unit with the failed compressor, with a new unit by a different mfg. They are only replacing it because my very competent, and extremely expensive Attorney wrote them a letter threatening legal action if they did not give me a new unit. The contractor states that they no longer sell the a/c brand that they originally installed, and thats why they are switching me to another mfg. So at this point...I guess it really does not matter what type of unit they put in, because they are still going to install it. I guess I'm stuck with them? They have my money and they are not going to refund it 2 years after the purchase/install date, failed compressor or not.

Post Likes
    What brand are they replacing, and what are they replacing it with?

Is the no lemon guarantee a Maytag warranty or the dealers?
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in