Inverter minisplits, high heating BTUs and low temp performance

I noticed that Mitsubishi advertises that their minisplits put out more rated BTU on heat than on A/C, and advertises a min-max range that puts max BTU much higher than 'rated BTU'.
    I also notice that they are advertising very good output down to 5F.
    Their 'Hyper Heating' models are quite extreme in this.

For example, at this link they show the 9,000 BTU MSZ-FE09A (page 7) as being rated for 10,900 BTU heating, with a maximum output of 18,000 BTU at 47F. Maximum output is listed as 12,500 at 17F and 10,900 at 5F, so even at 5 it's stronger than 3/4 ton.

My question is, do all inverter drive minisplits act this way?
    Other makers don't seem to advertise the heat output numbers other than at 47F, but Fujitsu does advertise a minimum-maximum range which goes a lot higher than 'rated' output (page 12 shows the "9,000 BTU" 9RLS2 heating up to 22,000 BTU).

For example, should I expect the higher efficiency LG units to put out nearly twice their rated output at 47 and hold rated output at single digit temps, or is it just the Fuji/Mitsu stuff that's made to heat like this?

Why don't the minisplit makers put out heating/cooling charts showing the output and efficiency every 5 like I see for most conventional units? I get the idea that the numbers would be impressive for most of the inverter drive minis.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 10-31-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Non AOP member

MrDuctless

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

The fact is not all ductless minisplits are created equally and it can be difficult to navigate. The Mitsubishi Hyper Heat models do offer a much better low temp performance, many other brands like Daikin do show rated capacity at 15K BTU's and then claim 18K btus of heat at 47 degrees.

The reason for this is when they rate the units they usually go off of the cooling capacity, not heating so when you look at a Mitsubishi FE09 unit it has 9K BTU's of cooling but may have 18K BTU's of heating.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!