york SSS fault- mystery - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What make is SSS?

When you are reseting the chiller are you just cycling the rocker switch or are you pressing the reset on the logic board?

I reset the rocker. There are no LED's lit on logic board.

M# SSS 14L-46A

It's probably your logic board. Do you have the wiring diagram for the Style "A" solid state starter? Check to make sure that you have good voltages on the board. Second have you checked the test points on the microboard? Have you tested the power supply output voltages? They all should be within a tenth of a volt. Make sure you use a good meter like a Fluke 87 V. Thats the meter I use and have never had a problem with it. Double check all of your AC and DC voltages. If they are off you will get weird operations.

Tex: You need to put in for pro status and get this discussion to the other part of this forum. It's gettin' a bit deep for the opens.

york2004

Have you checked the connections to the CT's or check the resistance of the CT's.

that resistance must have the ct?

K love,
    Ok. How do I do that?

And yes I have a style A book. I am machine now.

The machine ran all weekend with no shutdowns. They shut it down Monday morning and has not ran all week. I got here today and the logic board had two lights; PH rot/loss & trig OOL. I push button and reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiller Tex View Post
    K love,
    Ok. How do I do that? .
    Go to pro forum and look under membership information

I put the printer on machine for history log.

9-26-12--- off on low line voltage. 245 volts.

9-27-12--- off on high line voltage. 629 volts.

9-27-12--- 6.5 hrs later....off on low oil pressure due to micro reading 914 amps but machine is not running. Oil pump ran and pumped oil out.

Note that machine FLA is 240 and 480 volts.

Between 9-26 & 9-27 faults are 2 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    ...the trigger board talks to the logic board which then talks to the microboard. check your logic board to microboard wire harness and connections...J6 i think.
    J6 on the Logic Board wires to the J10 on the Microboard...look again.
    You either love bacon or you are wrong.

4 gallons of gas, 2 miles of travel, teaching my daughters how to drive in the high school parking lot...priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiller Tex View Post
    I have a york YT with a SSS starter. It has a millennium codepak panel. It goes off on "starter malfuntion detected". when I arrive at job site, the chiller is off, the display is reading 658 volts, 742 amps, 327% FLA. the actual FLA is 275 i think @ 480volt. I hit the reset and it starts up just fine. I have seen the display read voltage going up and down { 200 to 600 volts up/down/up/down}. The customer replaced the trigger board but it still does it. I check for loose connections, all were ok. I dont know what else to look for. every time i am there it's not acting up. Also, when it goes off on this fualt it pumps all the oil in the evap--why?

hi, you problem is very hard,

1- look transformer 3ph xfmr, in voltage supply power , out voltage , you metter in point logic board J4 - 6 (phase c ) j4 - 7 ( b line ) and j4- 9 (line a ) with earth , you test voltage send trigger board a logic board , the voltage is vdc= vac /135,8 . you test problem solution voltage problem.

2- ok, again, look j4 1 and 2 ph a , 3-4 ph b , 5-6 ph c, vdc= (i motor x 1.414)/1400 = ? x 3.19 . the test read across resistor r1, r2 , r3 , botton is gnd , in voltage is high more than test , you problem the trigger signal , ct current test .

the oil system return with chiller run 100% fla , lucky

Update on SSS fault. I swaped the ribbon cable between logic & micro- 6 pins cable. I swapped it with another chiller's. so far it is still running. The cable looked ok but I figured I'll try it.

As far as the 3 phase x-former in SSS ,reads a steady 12.98 vdc. I recorded this all day. It barely swade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast