Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-18-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

On the other hand., a church that's not had cooling before, I suspect they don't have high expectations and might prefer $ savings over perfection, at least in the first pass.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    On the other hand., a church that's not had cooling before, I suspect they don't have high expectations and might prefer $ savings over perfection, at least in the first pass.
    Under sized will make it a hot sticky church.

Money spent with no return in comfort is never a savings. But can make for many unwanted conversations between the church members.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Smile

I was just thinking about 2 funerals I was at recently. One church was really miserable, no ac at all. The other had insufficient equipment to carry the load from a full house, but the cool air offered some relief.

Anything can be solved with unlimited $. But sometimes there is a balance point that incremental investment does not return justifiable incremental benefit.

And isn't going to church supposed to be penance for sins? Most would conjecture there's no AC in hell.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

I had a guy in a resturaunt ask me to do the same thing I turned down the job.

Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    I was just thinking about 2 funerals I was at recently. One church was really miserable, no ac at all. The other had insufficient equipment to carry the load from a full house, but the cool air offered some relief.

Anything can be solved with unlimited $. But sometimes there is a balance point that incremental investment does not return justifiable incremental benefit.

And isn't going to church supposed to be penance for sins? Most would conjecture there's no AC in hell.
    Going to church service is not for penitence. As least not everytime, or for everyone that goes. Maybe in your church it is though. ROFL

Doesn't take unlimited $$$$. And they do get a break, No sales tax.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

any job worth doing is worth doing write if not make sure they pray for comfort and you

lol

Question

why dont you want to install a supply and return trunk system

Ceiling fans will help too. Many times they make it "feel" cooler.

CT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12