Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The lennox Pureair brochure says that it destroys 50% of household chemical vapors, gases and vocs. Does that include radon?

no It does not include radon

Breathe Easy, do you mean this one?

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/Consum...nt/Default.htm

It looks like it to me.

You could also go with my all-time favorite which is a filter box that holds a 4 inch commercial filter (3 1/2 inches deep). Low pressure drop. Filters at about 30% of the price.

Here's a question for you. Can you put Honeywell filter in a Lennox HC10 or HC16 carrier? The reason I ask is the person I was looking to install my system does not sell the Honeywell system. The cost of the Honewell filters are appealing compared to Lennox.

Thanks,

Will

Can anyone let me know on the previous question?

You should be able to use an HC 16 in a Honeywell cabinet and vice versa. Just measured it again. The filters are the same size.

breathe easy,

Thanks for your input. I think I will go with the HC10 initially and then upgrade to a Honeywell Merv 11 filter when this one gets dirty. I'm hoping this along with replacing all my ductboard with metal with improve my IAQ....

Quote Originally Posted by vocoder View Post

REMOVED DIY QUOTE!

2 Catalysts? Ozone and negative ions in the air stream with the catalyst and never have to replace the Lennox Catalyst.
    Suggest you do some more homework on photocatalysis, TIO2 used with sol gel and ozone and intermediaries.
    Last edited by HeyBob; 11-13-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    2 Catalysts? Ozone and negative ions in the air stream with the catalyst and never have to replace the Lennox Catalyst.
    Suggest you do some more homework on photocatalysis, TIO2 used with sol gel and ozone and intermediaries.

why should I? everything is monitored with a minirae, and my household air is as clean and fresh as it gets....there is really no ozone in the air (I won't allow that, not even in small amounts). what tiny amts are produced from the 3 watt unit are consumed in POC stream.

All of this and no fresh air? Anybody for some CO2 monitoring to determine how little or much fresh air is getting to these homes occupied areas? Fresh air purges indoor pollutants and renew oxygen. I have been in the IAQ business for 20 years and recently investigated the actual fresh air change in my own house. It was very poor in the summer even with a cracked window. Added fresh make-up air and was amazed by the improvement. 60-80 cfm of fresh air when occupied makes big difference in a moderately tight home. Measuring the CO2 levels tell you how much fresh air in making its way to the occupied areas of the home.
    Attaching a early graph of CO2 levels with fresh air and without. Regards TB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

of course I have an air exchanger. it just gets less use now with my current setup. the indoor air has been much cleaner than the outside air most of the time. trying to integrate the AE with microcontroller and minirae is beyond my tallents ATM, so i do things somewhat manually.

also have a whole home dehumidifier integrated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast