Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Was just wondering if new pan fixed your issue. Im having a similar issue with a 3 pot system. I have cleared the lines and removed pump. Bench-tested pump and all checked ok. Reinstalled, it worked for a while, now I am having the same issue of oil not being able to return to pot. Like you it has excellent suction, new rings, seal seems to be good between pan and fryer.

arnoldbta
    Yes it did correct the problem. Works like a champ. Everything was just so worn it wouldn't make a good seal. It
    Was an expensive fix ($900 for a two pan assembly) but the only fix. Hope this helps your issue!

If your fryer was made in 1998 or before it takes a two pan assembly. If it was made in 1999 or after it take a one pan assembly.

Question

how did the customer feel about buying all those new parts when just the pump and the pan were bad? Common question I get asked by my boss's about crazy crap like that happening

Good techs don't replace part after part until they find the problem. There are exceptions but a filter ain't one of them.

Does it have the check valve in the bottom on the inner pan, so when you lift the pan out of the base, the check valve closes so the oil does not drip out of the pan. It also has that pin in the center of the hole in the outer pan.

If it is that style, I have had problems where the frame gets deformed, so the outer pan is bowed down in the middle on the bottom, and the pin in the center of the hole does not sit high enough to push in on the check valve when you set the pan in.

Quote Originally Posted by akpunkacr View Post
    how did the customer feel about buying all those new parts when just the pump and the pan were bad? Common question I get asked by my boss's about crazy crap like that happening
    Actually we have a service contract with them. We pay for all the parts. So they don't care what we spend as long as we fix it. LOL

Hey I'm wondering does this unit have quick connect couplers? if so they have given me grief in the past. You just cant seem to have everything on truck

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzalez1 View Post
    Hey I'm wondering does this unit have quick connect couplers? if so they have given me grief in the past. You just cant seem to have everything on truck
    No it does not.

Replaced pump on my fryer system and it is working fine.. I knew the pan was ok because I tested it on the fryer system next to it.. With new pump it actually does a better job than the one next to it..

I see this thread is a few months old, and I hope the problem has been resolved by now... however I wanted to weigh in as I have worked on a ton of fryer filter systems.

When I arrive to diagnose a filter box not pump, the first thing I do is make sure the motor is turning (it seems to be in your case)
    Older frymaster fryers have the suction pipe in the back that normally has a few O rings on it. The next step is to take your finger and attempt to plug the pipe with your finger while it's running. It should have a strong sucking action. If it doesn't the issue is NOT in the filter box, and is in the plumbing of the fryer. You will need to test at various points until you find the clog. If it IS sucking, then the problem is somewhere in the filter box, or where the box connects to the rest of the fryer.

Air is thin, and oil is thick, and if there is even the slightest air leak in the system, then trying to get oil out of the box is going to be like trying to drink a milk shake with a hole in the straw. Sometimes those L shaped bibs on frymaster fryers can get bent over over time and not make a good connection.

Also, don't forget, the pump can't suck oil if it has nowhere to go. Make sure your ball valve is opening behind the vat when you pull the switch to engage the pump.

I get my hands on a good deal of pitco and alot of issues i get involve the stainless hose from the pump to the 3way valve leaking.

Some ive been able to shine a light through the inside and see the light througb the braiding

For a temp fix i have been able to wrap the hose in foil tape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12