+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm VERY frustrated!!!!

Post Likes

I'm VERY frustrated!!!!

Fry master 2 bin fryer model# FM245

Will not pump oil up from holding tank. I replaced the pump because it was bad. While I was at it because no one wants to clean anything I pulled all the plumbing to the filtering system apart and cleaned it. Put it all back together and it won't pump the oil. Pumps air just fine but won't pull the oil. So after all that I thought maybe the motor wasn't turning fast enough so I replaced that. Well no luck still won't pump.

HELP PLEASE!!!!
    I'm out I ideas anyone know any tricks or have you had this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

Post Likes
    Does it need to be primed?

Post Likes
    It may but to be honest with you how do you prime it. I've had this apart a few times before and never had to prime it. How do I go about priming it? I don't see any way to prime it. Thanks!!

Post Likes
    Im not sure as I don't work on this type of equipment. Hopefully someone will come along here that knows more than my guess work.

You could call their tech support and ask them....1-318-219-7135

Post Likes
    I've talked to tech support. They didn't say anything about priming. They suggested everything that I've already done.

Post Likes
    Did you ask? how are the O rings and seals?...are you sure that its not sucking air?

Post Likes
    Every frymaster i'v worked on doesent need priming.

As coolwhip said make sure the O'rings are in good shape. Most of the time thats the problem. Even if the O'rings look good they are probably flatened and not sealing.

Post Likes
    All seals and O-rings are new.

Post Likes
    You say it pumps air just fine. Does it have suction on the line? Sometimes you gotta take them apart piece by piece. I had something similar happen to me: As soon as I disconnected a fitting, it started pumping like crazy and I almost took a grease shower - there was a little goober of hard crust blocking a line.

Post Likes
    Place your finger on the pickup and see if your getting suction. This should tell you if the problem is in the pan/pickup or the motor/return lines.

Post Likes
    I'm getting suction. It's got have something to do with the drain pan. I put a hose on the inlet fitting and stuck the other end in the drain pan. It sucked the oil like nothing. I must not be getting a good seal between the pan fitting and the inlet fitting. Not sure what to do. I have brand new O-rings on it.

Post Likes
    After you slide your pan over the inlet where the two o-rings are take some saran wrap and wrap the inlet connection good and tight. Now try it.

Post Likes
    I just ordered a new inner and outer pan. I'll let you guys know how I make out. The nipple on the inner pan an the hole on the outer pan are really worn and disfigured. I believe this is where I'm getting my air. We'll see if new ones take care of it. For $900 I hope this is the fix

Post Likes
    Was just wondering if new pan fixed your issue. Im having a similar issue with a 3 pot system. I have cleared the lines and removed pump. Bench-tested pump and all checked ok. Reinstalled, it worked for a while, now I am having the same issue of oil not being able to return to pot. Like you it has excellent suction, new rings, seal seems to be good between pan and fryer.

Post Likes
    arnoldbta
    Yes it did correct the problem. Works like a champ. Everything was just so worn it wouldn't make a good seal. It
    Was an expensive fix ($900 for a two pan assembly) but the only fix. Hope this helps your issue!

Post Likes
    If your fryer was made in 1998 or before it takes a two pan assembly. If it was made in 1999 or after it take a one pan assembly.

Post Likes

Question

how did the customer feel about buying all those new parts when just the pump and the pan were bad? Common question I get asked by my boss's about crazy crap like that happening

Post Likes
    Good techs don't replace part after part until they find the problem. There are exceptions but a filter ain't one of them.

Post Likes
    Does it have the check valve in the bottom on the inner pan, so when you lift the pan out of the base, the check valve closes so the oil does not drip out of the pan. It also has that pin in the center of the hole in the outer pan.

If it is that style, I have had problems where the frame gets deformed, so the outer pan is bowed down in the middle on the bottom, and the pin in the center of the hole does not sit high enough to push in on the check valve when you set the pan in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by akpunkacr View Post
    how did the customer feel about buying all those new parts when just the pump and the pan were bad? Common question I get asked by my boss's about crazy crap like that happening
    Actually we have a service contract with them. We pay for all the parts. So they don't care what we spend as long as we fix it. LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in