+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm VERY frustrated!!!!

Post Likes
    Hey I'm wondering does this unit have quick connect couplers? if so they have given me grief in the past. You just cant seem to have everything on truck

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzalez1 View Post
    Hey I'm wondering does this unit have quick connect couplers? if so they have given me grief in the past. You just cant seem to have everything on truck
    No it does not.

Post Likes
    Replaced pump on my fryer system and it is working fine.. I knew the pan was ok because I tested it on the fryer system next to it.. With new pump it actually does a better job than the one next to it..

Post Likes
    I see this thread is a few months old, and I hope the problem has been resolved by now... however I wanted to weigh in as I have worked on a ton of fryer filter systems.

When I arrive to diagnose a filter box not pump, the first thing I do is make sure the motor is turning (it seems to be in your case)
    Older frymaster fryers have the suction pipe in the back that normally has a few O rings on it. The next step is to take your finger and attempt to plug the pipe with your finger while it's running. It should have a strong sucking action. If it doesn't the issue is NOT in the filter box, and is in the plumbing of the fryer. You will need to test at various points until you find the clog. If it IS sucking, then the problem is somewhere in the filter box, or where the box connects to the rest of the fryer.

Air is thin, and oil is thick, and if there is even the slightest air leak in the system, then trying to get oil out of the box is going to be like trying to drink a milk shake with a hole in the straw. Sometimes those L shaped bibs on frymaster fryers can get bent over over time and not make a good connection.

Also, don't forget, the pump can't suck oil if it has nowhere to go. Make sure your ball valve is opening behind the vat when you pull the switch to engage the pump.

Post Likes
    I get my hands on a good deal of pitco and alot of issues i get involve the stainless hose from the pump to the 3way valve leaking.

Some ive been able to shine a light through the inside and see the light througb the braiding

For a temp fix i have been able to wrap the hose in foil tape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in